1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Which power steering pump for GSR swapped del Sol?

Discussion in 'HYBRID -> EG-EK / DC' started by Curlybandit, Nov 6, 2017.

1. Curlybandit

Curlybandit New Member

Hey everyone.

I recently completed an OBD1 JDM GSR swap into my '93 del Sol Si. I thought I had the correct power steering pump (actually had two of them) which I had purchased from the swap seller and a private seller but it turns out they are both incorrect. I have the proper mounting brackets.

A new OEM power steering pump from Acura through my contact there is $900.00. You read that correctly... NINE HUNDRED DOLLARS! A scrapper piece is the only real options.

I think I remember reading that any b-series PS pump will work, such as a b18b, as long as you have the right GSR brackets, but I'm not too sure.

Any suggestions or insight? If you have any other useful info like what PS hose you need relative to the pump and the rack of the del Sol (same as EG) that would be greatly appreciate as well.

Thanks!

2. E_SolSi

E_SolSi Member of the 20 nut club Moderator VIP

EG P/S rack & lines, DC2 pump & bracket

or just loop the line on the PS rack and run it manual
    or be extra fancy and loop it with an expansion tank

3. Curlybandit

Curlybandit New Member

Great! I'll look into those other options as well. At the moment, the steering is fine while the car is being driven but a little challenging when at a complete stop!

4. dilbeckskate

dilbeckskate infamous

DONT LOOP THE RACK ..... A its a completely different rack and ratio than a non power steering rack and B its a good way to wear one slap tf out super fast

5. E_SolSi

E_SolSi Member of the 20 nut club Moderator VIP

:disgust:
    A - yes it is a closer ratio than a manual rack (quicker steering)
    and
    B - properly looped it causes no wear to the rack as it remains lubricated and is sealed against ingress of dirt or grit

CAFROG likes this.
Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted