Tell the worst car you had ever drive

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Both of those cars were from the NC area. Lotts of shitty cars came out of there haha.

Are you fucking serious? Yes that would be the guy. Wow what a small world. I believe he moved on to driving shitty Altimas.

Holy fucking hell! Thats crazy you know him. He totaled that thing right down the street from my house. Then sold it to some kid for $800. I havent seen him forever, used to work with him at Goodyear.

Hahaha. He thought that thing was the fastest car on earth. As far as I know he moved to Alabama or something. He comes up every once in a while. Did you ever get to see the hack job he did on the shock mounts?

Hahaha. He thought that thing was the fastest car on earth. As far as I know he moved to Alabama or something. He comes up every once in a while. Did you ever get to see the hack job he did on the shock mounts?

Yeah he was up here not too long ago, no I missed that, I met him right after he wrecked it, but I heard about it.

Chevy cobalt, it was a rental.
werd on that. In January I had a rental Cobalt when out in Colorado on a ski trip. I thought the thing was going to explode around the eisenhower tunnel on I-70 (11,500'). It was loaded down, and really struggled at the high altitude. The poorly geared 4 speed auto didn't help things.

The auto trans was fucked up so the only way that it would get going is if you reved it to redline. At that point the trans would slam into 1st gear and off you'd go.

thats exactly what the Hyundai did.. hahah

2006ish Jeep Liberty (rental)
then an 1988 Plymouth Reliant, but it did grow on me.

o wait

cavaliers.

I'm surprised no Geo Metros have made it on the list. Those cars sucked right off the showroom floor. I drove one of my friend's metros a few years back, and I swear, on top of having the mushiest suspension I have EVER felt, the brakes shook everytime the pedal was pressed, it sounded like the engine was going to explode at freeway speeds, and if I remember right, the door didn't seal all the way. My buddy weighed liked 350 lbs back then, and it was a common occurrence for him and a couple of buddies, who also weighed in at ~300lb each, to go mobbing around and harrassing people on the streets in this thing. I'm sure that, on top of all the crap they had piled up in the trunk, they easily doubled up the weight of the car when they got in.

That thing was a PIECE...

I'm surprised no Geo Metros have made it on the list. Those cars sucked right off the showroom floor. I drove one of my friend's metros a few years back, and I swear, on top of having the mushiest suspension I have EVER felt, the brakes shook everytime the pedal was pressed, it sounded like the engine was going to explode at freeway speeds, and if I remember right, the door didn't seal all the way. My buddy weighed liked 350 lbs back then, and it was a common occurrence for him and a couple of buddies, who also weighed in at ~300lb each, to go mobbing around and harrassing people on the streets in this thing. I'm sure that, on top of all the crap they had piled up in the trunk, they easily doubled up the weight of the car when they got in.

My Mom drove a rental Geo Metro when I was little and she still raves about it. Got like 45 mpg and had just enough power for her. If they still made them she'd have one. :huh:

my friends grandma had a convertible lsi metro. the 3 cylinder. it was a 5 speed and she loved that thing. then again she did come from Yugoslavia, infamous for the Yugo. driving that thing was probably like driving a ferrari and a cadillac all rolled into one. doesn't hurt that she weighed 100lbs soaking wet holding a brick, and was 5 foot nothing. she drove that thing till the frame broke, like all geos. infact, my truck is at a local swap meet, and I had a guy offer me a tracker with hydros for trade. as if they didn't have enough problems already...

pobably the corsica i bought for $300 to drive while my civic was getting swapped........ya i blew that motor up big time and left it sit at our mall, wasnt worth the hasle lol

its a toss up between a 97 geo prizm 5 sp...first gear was great, burnt out for days hit 2nd and it was like u threw it outa gear, 90 subaru legacy 5 speed, buddy gave it to me told me he bet i couldnt blow it up gave me 10 mins with it then i called him for a tow haha, 80somethin toyota truck baught for $25 threw some plates from my car in it and beat the hell outa it to the junkyard blew every gear on the way and lost 2nd in the junkyard got $150 for it

I pimped a metro for almost 2 years. It was minty fresh, still smelled new inside. Did a couple of little mods to it, and the fucker got 55mpg. I put over 100,000 miles on it and sold it. It was an awesome car. 4 tires installed for $99. When you see that add, those are the tires they are talking about. 3 cylinder tune ups were cheap. Was a great college car.

Top speed was 115mph... With an 80mph new mexico wind storm at my back, lol. It was slow and weak, but it was functional and amazingly cheap to operate.

Back