Tenzo R coil overs any good?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

i believe the fatter and stiffer go on the front..the thinner and thicker obviosly the rear..the rings..theyre cock rings:ph34r:

I just noticed that these were coilovers, i thought that they were the spring kit that they sell on ebay. I personally stay away from all coilovers even high price name brands. Adjust ability is not that necessary to sacrifice ride quality. I would suggest buying some quality lowering springs like nuespeeds or h+r's. I have the nuespeed sports on my car and it handles great and the ride quality barely suffered.
The reason to buy modular coilover systems like Ground Control and Skunk2 is so that you can choose the rates easily. The reason they usually have shitty ride quality is that people put 500lb springs on KYB's and Tokicos that simply aren't valved for that high a rate. If you pair a set of very stiff springs with inferior shocks, you're going to get harsh ride quality irregardless of if it's a coilover system. If you upgrade to good shocks like Koni Sports, it'll be very stiff but the shocks will correctly absorb the bumps.

Most drop springs like the H&R's top out at around 300lb/in so they will stiffen things up without pushing the shocks too far. However, in this guy's case, I would agree with you that he should just get some H&R's and decent shocks. Unless you're racing there is no reason to run crazy high rates. In fact it's quite dangerous, if you don't really know what you're doing it can be a lot easier to spin the car since the feeling at the edge changes so much.

Back