Test.......

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Airjockie

Watanabe Whore!!!
Rest In Peace
OK, after posting here and on other boards...I have noticed that I am slow....mentally...and my freinds all know it, but I think that I have found out why.

Since I was a kid, I always lacked attention to reading and writing, and math was never my best subject, I still have to use a few fingers to do simple math, but I also noticed lately that since I am not writing as much by hand, and I do a lot of typing here...I guess I really do have a problem. It does take a full grown man to admit this publically, but maybe I'm admitting because I want help finally. I am tired of typing a post and haveing to read it 10 times to make sure I spelled everything write, or have the grammar correct, or I just don't sound like an idiot when I type. When I type, and I know how to type decently, I've noticed that words are comeing out spelled backwards, like the I before E, and visa versa. I've know that I have a slight dyslexia, and a huge spelling problem, and also ADS or ADDS, which ever it is...and during school I was a high grade student for a while, but when I got glasses, my grades dropped, and they never came up. Looking back at when I was in college, I never got a decent grade in anything like math, physics, and the normal curriculum...but yet, I aced computers, and everything involved with engines and flight. Unfortunately, I failed way to many classes to have a decent GPA, but I also lacked intrest in anything school related.

OK...that paragraph took me over 10 minutes to type, proofread, think about my mistakes, and correct them. Laugh at me as you will, but it was a hard effort to convey what I was trying to say. And I bet there are still a lot of mistakes in it, that I don't realize, or I didn't notice.

So....I'm wondering.....Am I the only one on here like this....

Here's the test....Write a two paragraph statement about something that happened to you during today. And the real test is....no editing. I know a lot of computer guys here can whiz thru this test with no problem, and finish in about 3 minutes. So be honest...and say how long it took you to convey to us your event. I'm just curious to see how everyones REAL typing and communication skills really are.

post your start time, finish time and story.....And no editing :angry:

And whats really scary is when I do this test :ph34r: Then you guys well see why I dumb. :sad:

im sort of like that, exept when im typing or writing, i think about what im writing, but when i proofread it, i say something(or type rather) complete different; which is why sometimes you see edit in my posts.

staert: 6:10

Well today went fairly good, I got home, and went to the gaarage as useual, I had todays events palnned out the best I cound plan. First I had to get hte AE86 put back together, and running so I can move it away from the garage, and bring the Jeep in to fix the break line that Celerity busted. And to take the wife where-ever she wanted to go. Well, the plan went smothly, and the stuff that I wanted to do got done....in a timely maner. All except for the wife wanting to go somewhere...she didn't sleep last night, so she stayed in bed all day...good, Now I can stay in the garage all day and get the stuff done. First the AE86...I had to install the header that I wrapped and get a valve cover to stop leaking, and to get the Dizzy back on and do some work to the spark plug area. Allt he work that I could do to the AE86 was done today...to a point...it started, ran, but it still had problems.

So on to the next project...the Jeep :ph34r: The rear brakes were dead, and fluid was pissing out everywhere, I found a rusted out brake line that bursted. So I cut the old line off and went to Autozone. Picked up a new line, a line bending tool, a swedgein tool, and a splicing coupling. Went and grabbed a 12 pack of Corana on the way home...hehe. So I cut the old line again, sized up the new line, and put everything back together and bled the brakes...Sucess....the JEep has brakes again...now it's time for a beer. :)

End time....6:25

Start: 3:26 PM

So anyway, we have this new rule at work. You turn your time in late, you get paid late. I work as a payroll tech in a temp staffing agency, by the way. Anyhow, the new rules include but are not limited to: time submission is late, your paycheck is late. We have up to 5 business days to process final timecards. Also, our bank says that they won't cash checks early anymore. To get to the point, life at work has been miserable the last week or so due to these new regulations, because the fuckin HRD has pretty much given the employees and clients whatever the fuck they wanted since the beginning of time. So there's my little slice of professional misery.

Also, my car is 90% done. God it's rice. You people will hate it when I post pics. But I don't care. I like it, so screw you all.

End: 3:31 PM.

:shrug2: for some reason my fingers all went where they were asked this time :p

Start Time 6:26

--------------------> Celerity Post <-----------------

As I'm typing this, I'm on.. Well, your keyboard. Which is a bit strange and involves lots of backspacing (2 to count)

I grew up the son of a computer engineer, and I was typing long before I was writing (at least, writing in long paragraph style). I write only in Capital letters (in handwriting), and I'm no stranger to a keyboard (I used to use a Dvorak almost exclusively)

Today I went to work, I got yelled at, and given contridictory instructions that led to the fuck up of a set of Morgan doors and Wings (Wings are Fenders, for you English bastards). Then I visited Jeff in the Hospital ( which I do every day)

The end.

End Time : 6.29

-> Steve

----------------> End Celerity Post <-----------------------

Start-3:29 pm

Today was a bad day for me. I've been working on getting a promotion at burger king now for atleast 6 months. They've been telling me, I'm getting its, its just a matter of time, until I have the most seniority at the store. Finally all the other kids that have been there longer are going to colleg so I am getting a good raise. I can't wait, or atleast thought.

Today I found out this other highschool graduate that isn't going to college is getting it. He's your typical pot smoker, eye brow piereced gotta get drunk every night kind of kid. He not only got the raise, but had the tenacity to bitch at me all day about what I need to do since i was running the store anyways. I ended up getting left alone in the kitchen for 3 hours during 2 consecutive 400 dollar hour lunches. When it came time to leave work today, I jsut left, didn't stock shit, I just left. They won't fire me, but I wish they would say something. But they won't, so I'll just go back tomorrow, and bitch some more, and then leave when my time's up. Another monotonous, underappreciated day.

End 3:32pm

start time 3:25pm
word

then... word
end time 3:25

i'm teh winnar!!!!

Originally posted by Slammed89Integra@Aug 18 2004, 05:36 PM
Start-3:29 pm

Today was a bad day for me. I've been working on getting a promotion at burger king now for atleast 6 months. They've been telling me, I'm getting its, its just a matter of time, until I have the most seniority at the store. Finally all the other kids that have been there longer are going to colleg so I am getting a good raise. I can't wait, or atleast thought.

Today I found out this other highschool graduate that isn't going to college is getting it. He's your typical pot smoker, eye brow piereced gotta get drunk every night kind of kid. He not only got the raise, but had the tenacity to bitch at me all day about what I need to do since i was running the store anyways. I ended up getting left alone in the kitchen for 3 hours during 2 consecutive 400 dollar hour lunches. When it came time to leave work today, I jsut left, didn't stock shit, I just left. They won't fire me, but I wish they would say something. But they won't, so I'll just go back tomorrow, and bitch some more, and then leave when my time's up. Another monotonous, underappreciated day.

End 3:32pm
[post=378791]Quoted post[/post]​

I knew a girl that worked for the Burger Nazis. They pulled the same shit with her. Eventually it got to a point where she'd sabotage the store cause she left like a month ago and nobody knew wtf they were doing.

Originally posted by Airjockie@Aug 18 2004, 06:12 PM
I am tired of typing a post and haveing to read it 10 times to make sure I spelled everything write
[post=378779]Quoted post[/post]​

Fucking classic :lol:

Start: 7:31 EDT.

Ok, so let's see.... if you want to learn how to better form sentences and structure, then go for it. The best way to go abotu doing so is to write something about something you like- planes, cars, asisn poon... what have you. Hell, I'll even grade it for you if you wish- I'm sure steve will enjoy it too.

The problem, is that it takes a lot of time to do stuff like this- and the lazy part always gets the best of us- especially me. Instead of drinking 7 beers, drinnk 4 and write a poem to your wife for 15 min or something. Hell, it might even get you laid again.

Fact is, you can write to anyone anytime, and focus on the content and FLOW more than anything. Spelling is really over-rated... There's spell checkers, and all of us mis-spell words all the time. But creating something that FLOWS and interests the reader- now THAT is a good thing.

End: 7:34

start: 5:00pm PST:

well, today was pretty uneventful. just kinda sat around and played with the kids. i watched a couple movies with my kids... monsters inc and such... and wished i was driving my car.

i realize that i need some tires, and i should be looking for some, as well as cleaning out my truck. did laundry, and here i am now, yammering on, doing as you say. i suppose this is enough, looks like a couple short paragraphs to me.

end: 5:03pm PST.

tody i went for an interview for a company called wireless 4 u. the interview went good and i was hired on the spot. i was really excited about the new job, they wanted me to strat right away but i need to put in my two week notice at my current job to do it the right then just up and quiting it. with this new job i will save about 200 dollars a month in just gas money working there.

that took me three minutes 7:29 to 7:30

My home Entry :

Time : 9.11.45

Typing is a matter of hand-eye coordination. Some people have it, some don't. Better than that, you can have an ability in one manner over another. It's all about exposure.

If I were raised, say, in the mountains of Alaska, I would know my way around wood or something like that. Were I raised a musician ( I played Piano as a kid, but not in like, 8 years now ) I would have the ability at the ivorys, but I would search high and low at the computer keyboard. And you, raised into mechanics and jet / airplane expertise would be able to handle a rotary item very well. You would simply comprehend it on a level that no one else ever could. And when you work with tools ( Something I thought about today ) You can handle rotary-based tool motions very well. Likewise, at work you deal with turbines (Remember pulling that Turbo CRX out of your butt??) and things of that nature.

You work well with rotating assemblies. And not a linear, hunt-and-peck type of thing. As someone that was raised into a family of computing, I know the keyboard more naturally than speech, for christ sake. I can type 72 wpm, and on an Amiga (Which has the perfect keyboard) I can type 98. I know "Net Speech" like abbreviations, but I've been around for so long that I don't use them at all. It's a matter of knowing what people are looking for when they sit down at a computer. Try checking out some techno-geek forums instead of car forums - And you'll find common 500+ word essays for responses. Here is something that I will open Outlook, Wait for my inbox, and instantly search through my Celica's club list for:
This is my friend that is an ultra genius, and here is how he types:

Actual Letter:
No But a Very lil metal trimming and The Blk plate part from the Sup and
they in there .. TomD

Never uses punctuation. His language is an artform that we, of the Celica list actually have to translate. It's funny.

Anyway, Here is my departing time.

Time : 9.18.23

Haha, I'm kind of that pot smoking, get drunk every night kid. I used to work at McDonald's and they really loved me there, I swear they did. I could literally do whatever I want. I could walk in in normal casual clothes, clock in and start working. And they would say nothing. They would give me a raise like every month and wanted me to be a manager. Pretty damn good for a 16 year old that worked at McDonald's.

Now, the good part, well in a way. I used to smoke with my bosses, hell, I used to smoke with every one that worked there. It was actually somewhat fun. Anyway, this is also my paragraph thing since I'm slow and have a long term memory and won't remember what happened today until tommorow.

Start 9:11
End 9:13

Funny stuff. I just got a letter, and I'll translate it for you.

Steven Earl wrote:
"
> You can tell who uses Outlook here :)

once I had Full address Iit loaded straightaway t6o the Sup 81Ma6 car ..
TomD in outlook
"

"Once I had the full address, it loaded straightaway to the 1978-1981 Supra.
-Tom D, Who uses outlook"

-> Steve

7:30

today i woke up and had to clean the bathroom. it seems that i always have to do chores when i want to go out, and i never am asked to do anything when when i'm at home. so i had to fix breakfast and then clean my bathroom which is downstairs. i wnt to MugenCRX's house to help out with his next motor swap. no, he's not putting in the type R but he found a new ls for about 350 and bought that. i guess he really wants his car running, but he has a perrfectly good one to drive right now. (a nissan STANZA, which is fucking bad ass it even has suicide doors.) but we started that and did some work on it, but i had to be home to cook dinner at around 4:30. my parents always want me to cook, i guess they are tired of it after 18 years.

7:33

11:12:00 PM

I started my day at 5am this morning. I woke up with katie as she was getting ready to go to work. She has to be at her school at 7am to take care of early morning business. SHe gets paid a tad extra for the extra hour in the morning. I helped her get ready, cooked breakfast, walked teh dog, then sent her out the door.

She called at aroun d 9am to tell me that she had forgotten her lunch. I picked it up and brough it to her at around 11am. She had a whole 9 minutes to eat it after she got through teaching her bratty little kids.

This afternoon marked the conituation of my job hunt. I went ot the HISD headquarters on Richmond drive close to my apartment and picked up an application for a substitute teacher position. I ahve to have two references, a tuberculosis skin test,a completed application and two forms of ID.

Yuck. The dog just farted, and it smells like shit in here. I'm also trying to type this as quietly as possible with the screen dim and the lights out so I don't wake up Katie. SHe needs her sleep so she can wake up at 5am again.

Tomorrow I'll start calling around for my references. I already know who I need to talk to. Next week I'll turn in my application, and hoefully I can be teaching and have a temporary salary while I look for a "real" job here in muggy ass Houston.

Why am I up late? I was watching the Olympics... seeing Paul Hamm nail his gold medal in the all around competition was absolutely amazing. I alrady knew the outcome of hte competition, but watching it happen still doesn't make it any less cool.

Ok, I'm done. You'll see that I made a good number of mistakes too.

11:17:10 PM

Probably could have been a good bit faster if I wasn't trying to type quietly and if I actually had some lights on to see the screen... and the screen turned up so I could see the screen. :lol:

I just wonder if dyslexia is transferable into the way I type? Like I know where the keyboard letters are, but the letter that I think of in my head is actually typed. I wonder what kind of a pattern it is...and what would be a good way for me to get smarter, like should I seek professional help or speacial training?

Back