Thank you Massachusetts DMV and Courts... for nothing

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

TurboMirage

That’s how you get ants
VIP
Got My Inspection Sticker Legally!!! 11/1

so today i went to court over my inspection sticker violations.

i've been turned away pretty much everytime i go to get the car inspected, i've got TWO cats on it now, a resonator, two functional o2 sensors (pulled the sim out just for this) and an OEM rear 1/3 section with an OEM muffler.

i've never been turned away due to ride height or even the modified exhaust (although illegal) it is always due to "computer not ready" and "we cannot help you with this, the dealer has to service your vehicle"

so the two outta three mitsubishi dealers in MA have closed. the one in westboro refuses to even look at the vehicle due to it being 7 years old and having this "ECU" issue.

i've swapped in a total of FOUR ECUS, two 97s, and two 00s. car has no CEL, but has MIL stored in ECU.

i did not contest AT ALL that i have been pulled over for my sticker, which is now almost 1.5 years due, and my infraction is paid.

so basically i had asked the magistrate for help for some state program or inspection agency that COULD work with me to get my car inspected. he basically said it wasnt his or the states problem and i could keep taking the hit or junk the car.

i wouldnt mind just paying the 50 bucks, but i now have three non-moving violations due to this in 1.5 years,and 7 is the magic number in 3 years to get your license pulled for 60 days. i have had no moving violations at all for the last 6 or so years (hooray!). also my insurance is jumping up another 7% now. lucky me!

i'm pretty much out of options at this point.

anyone have ideas? looks like i wont have the chance to finish the car after all if this keeps up since i refuse to lose my license over it. i DONT have to drive it, but then there is no point on keeping it on the road. if i dont keep it on the road i have to get rid of it due to MA laws.

sigh.

Last edited:
buy a cheap POS to get you around town and keep the current car to sneak out with on ocasion, or track it.

i have TWO other cars. sneaking isnt needed.

can't. if you get pulled over in MA with a MA license and out of state registration you can get fined.

Massachussetts, as well as NY and CT, are so full of regulations and rules , that it's possible that by just doing your "thing" you can some day end up in a situation where you're stuck.

I get stuck in CT DMV all the time.

Bannedintheusa.jpg

close enough???

With all these regulations piled ontop of other regulations, it CAN become impossible to own or sell your car in these areas. I got into a situation where I couldn't get my licence back in the state of CT. I didn't drive for 9 months while working that shit out.

CT DMV FTL. I see a lot of full size truck that do not have combo plates. My brothers Taco has regular plates on it, although not a full sized truck its longer than my truck. When I got my last truck I tried to get rid of the combo plates and they told me no. I asked why and was pretty much told you can't. Its bullshit that I have to pay more than double what it costs to register a car for personal use. I hope the fuckers enjoy my extra 50 bucks a year.
I also hate having to wait 2-3 hours with lack of seating.

so much for CA being the commi state.. looks like it is over there too

MA sucks, worst of all the damn Red Sox keep winning. Now everyone is going to be a damn Red Sox fan. Nothing like hearing all the Band Wagon people saying how great the Red Sox are.
In CT since your car is newer than 25 years old and you don't have the check engine light on you should be fine. For the most part they leave us alone.

<~~~ not a redsox fan ;)

moving to CT = moving further away from my job which is already 40 minutes away.

Chris just do what I did when I had my 1996 240sx with SR.

I NEVER got pulled over or got tickets for an out of date sticker.

Just scan a legit sticker into a computer. Use photochop to remove the other vehicle's name & vin. Replace those items with your vehicle name and vin.

Be sure to manipulate the bar code on the MA sticker so that the cop's who scan it get a scan error and have to manually write down/run your vin to see if the sticker is legit.

Then print the inspection sticker on label paper/sticker paper. Slap some adhesive on the front and place it on your windshield in the correct location.

XD

hahah.. i used to do that for a buddy of mine.... looked like a real tag.. then one day he got pulled over for stolen tags that were actually fake..

Back