The boosted ls/vtec build is finished!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Well my cheap ebay turbo manifold finally bit the dust! It lasted for almost 1100 miles. So that is probably a new record for the longest lasting SS Autocrome manifold, lol! I recently got a new MPRD equal length turbo manifold for less then $300. My friends have used the same manifold and it holds up really well for its price.

Attachments

• 100_0153.JPG
    100_0153.JPG
    703 KB · Views: 7,841
Here are pics of the new manifold with the turbo bolted back up. I had to replace the turbine housing because a bolt for the down pipe broke off. I tried to use an easy out to get it out and that broke off inside the bolt. So I was basically screwed and just ordered a new housing, that was alot easier :).

Attachments

• 100_0156.JPG
    100_0156.JPG
    553.3 KB · Views: 1,176
  • 100_0157.JPG
    100_0157.JPG
    864.2 KB · Views: 970
Since I have to make a new down pipe I decided this is the time to upgrade the exhaust all the way back. I was running a Greddy evo2 exhaust before which was way to restrictive for my setup. So I purchased a 3" bend kit for a civic chassis and decided to build my own. I also bought a universal Apexi world sport2 turbo muffler with a 3" inlet and some 3/8 bar stock to make custom hangers to make it all work. Here is what it looked like to start.

Attachments

• 100_0154.JPG
    100_0154.JPG
    640.7 KB · Views: 536
All I have left is to make the new down pipe which will be 3" also. I have to buy an accord slave cylinder so I will have enough clearance to squeeze it in. I also got rid of that FMIC it was way to big. I ordered a new Greddy intercooler which is sized much better for this setup. I cant wait to get it all together with a new final tune.

Well I finally got the exhaust all done and put back together. I never did receive the smaller Greddy intercooler I ordered. It was coming from Japan and still hasnt arrived so I am using the old huge one.

Here are some updated pictures with the new manifold and exhaust.

Attachments

• 100_0159.JPG
    100_0159.JPG
    959.8 KB · Views: 1,010
  • 100_0160.JPG
    100_0160.JPG
    686.6 KB · Views: 871
  • 100_0161.JPG
    100_0161.JPG
    542.5 KB · Views: 510
  • 100_0162.JPG
    100_0162.JPG
    590.6 KB · Views: 489
The bigger exhaust significantly leaned out my old map. I have drove it for about 100 miles since the work and have a pretty good street tune on it right now. It is between 11.2-12 AFR in boost all the way to red line. It pulls way harder then it did before. I dont know what kind of numbers I am making but very likely 300whp because I am already at a pretty high injector duty cycle with 650s. I am running about 12psi and I am thinking of going for 14 or 15 and getting some 750cc injectors. But then again I am pretty happy with it right now!

I am glad you like the build. I need to come up with a camcorder so I can get some video footage up. Maybe I can talk my sister into letting me borrow hers.

Yep I definetly outgrew the 650cc injectors I was running. I was at almost 50 psi of fuel pressure with 90% or slightly higher duty cycle. So I put in some 750s and turned the fuel pressure back down to 44psi. Duty cycle has gone done quite a bit so I feel alot safer.

im in the works of doing an ls/vtec turbo build as well and wat i would like to know is how did you get enough oil to run to the vtec head and the turbo..thanks by the way nice build

You can do it several different ways. Some people like to buy the sandwich plate that allows you to run lines from it. If you want to go that route I would get this sandwich plate because it is afforadable and well designed Generic Oil Plumbing Kit On my setup I have a t-fitting installed where the oil pressure sending unit is, that is where I ran a line for the vtec conversion. There is another plug in the head right by the water neck that is brass colored or maybe it is brass anyways, I ran a fitting from there to supply oil for the turbo. I have had this setup together for sometime now with absolutely zero oiling problems. Either option will work well.

Niceeeee... I love me some el es veetech! :thumbsup:

Back