The car B should have bought.

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Wow, what a find. That's totally "Transporter" right there :)

On that note, how can any team of engineers sleep at night building a car that gets 13 mpg ?

Goddammit... probably would have bought that instead of the S2k. But probably not. M5 maintenance and insurance = $$$

Why so cheap though?

I think it has to do with the resale value not being as good as it was a few years ago.

Of the 31 cars that earned top rating, 29 were Japanese. Of these, 15 were from Toyota and its Lexus division and eight were from Honda. Some redesigned or new Japanese models from Toyota and Honda, however suffered "first-year blues." The new Scion tC and the redesigned 2005 Acura RL, Toyota Avalon, and Honda Odyssey earned only average reliability scores, for example.

Of the 48 cars that earned the lowest rating, 22 carry American nameplates, 20 are European, 4 are from Japan (all from Nissan and its Infiniti division), and 2 are from South Korea.

Some European models, which have had poor reliability in our previous surveys, improved slightly. The six-cylinder BMW X5 and X3, for example, earned average Ratings and are now the first European SUVs reliable enough to be recommended. However, most European models still scored far below average.

Hybrids from both domestic and Japanese manufacturers continue to have above-average reliability, including the Honda Accord and Civic Hybrids, the Toyota Prius, and the Lexus RX400h, which received top scores.

I guess have a hidden agenda about this post.

The spectrum goes from the bashers of Wal-Mart for selling "cheap overseas crap" to the bashers of Harley who say... "We can't make competitive motorcycles in this country."

The bottom line seems to be... we can't even make quality cow-poop (expletive deleted) for a competitive price in this country anymore, can we?

Hello U.S.A.? You've been outsourced

2100 for gas guzzler? holy shit... lol the 03-04 Cobras only had a 1k GG tax, and it usually got 9 mpg.

What are those four buttons on the drivers door just below the handle?

Lesse... 2005 STi or 2000 M5. About the same price...

I'd go with the STi myself. Call me a loser, but the M5 just isn't... it.

Hot as hell Car, but the miles are way too high....thats why it's so cheap.

But none the less, I wouldn't push it out of bed :)

Quoted post[/post]]
2100 for gas guzzler? holy shit... lol the 03-04 Cobras only had a 1k GG tax, and it usually got 9 mpg.

I think it has a lot to do with the total price of the car. Hard to think of them taxing you $2100 on a car that cost less then 1/3rd the price.

Quoted post[/post]]

What are those four buttons on the drivers door just below the handle?

the M321? that's for the seats. 3 drivers can save their seat settings so when they get in they push the button and it goes back to where it was before.

i'm all set. i love it and all, but if you asw the hill i'm moving on top of, you'd never throw away awd for rwd. lol

yup, i'm moving next weekend to a place called "south mountain" so yeah.... lol no rwd for me...

Quoted post[/post]]
Wow, what a find. That's totally "Transporter" right there :)

On that note, how can any team of engineers sleep at night building a car that gets 13 mpg ?

thats freaking Horrible 13mpg....how is it will all this high tech engineering....they can't get these cars to make high power and good gas mileage..shit Vettes were making 300hp back in 92 and getting easily 25mpg.....i was getting 21mpg with 437hp and i drove like a moron.....just another reason why i am not impressed with foriegn cars that cost a fortune..Its a nice car and all but that 74k back in 2000 and 13mpg(if that), you can keep it..

Quoted post[/post]]
thats freaking Horrible 13mpg....how is it will all this high tech engineering....they can't get these cars to make high power and good gas mileage..shit Vettes were making 300hp back in 92 and getting easily 25mpg.....i was getting 21mpg with 437hp and i drove like a moron.....just another reason why i am not impressed with foriegn cars that cost a fortune..Its a nice car and all but that 74k back in 2000 and 13mpg(if that), you can keep it..

Exactly, my vette got 25 mpg, same as my Supras. My red TGP got 25 mpg and the black one 19 mpg because of it's shot exhaust system. And those cars outperform and out-design new cars by a long shot.

Back