The Challenge

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

slowdx

I have a friend he owns a 98 mustang gt 5spd no mods except k&n filter. he is the biggest ignoramous on earth he called me out and said that no import without the assistance of a turbo could beat him. and of course i made a wager on that. i have a 98 hatch i also have a B18b swap that will be instaled at the end of april. i have a 2 part question is it possible to beat him with just the swap and i/h/e. if not what mods would you recomend i do before i have it swaped in.

a side note he is the worst driver i have ever seen he ran a 16.6 i ran a 15.6 in the same car it had a F'd up clutch at the time

werd, a bone stock Civic DX 5th gen runs a 17 second 1/4 mile--I/H/E will be plenty, and tell him to get an automatic, 90% of mustang drivers can't even drive mannuals.

if this mustang is a 6 cylinder you should feel bad taking this kids money cause you could beat him w/o a motor swap.

I bet youll teach him with the LS motor and I/H/E. With any luck he will fuck up and blow up his mustang

Originally posted by saturn_boy96@Mar 28 2003, 03:25 PM
if this mustang is a 6 cylinder you should feel bad taking this kids money cause you could beat him w/o a motor swap.

he said it was a GT... the GT's are V8's y0.

First, damn...i guess he really sucks running a 16.6 in a GT. That car in stock trim will run a high 13 to low 14's(with a descent driver).
Second, I take offense to the whole Mustang owners not knowing how to drive a 5spd. I own a Mustang GT as well as my civic and I know how to drive perfectly fine. Mine has a few more mods that the guy in question. I'm guesstimating with my mods my car will run a low-to-mid 13-second 1/4 mile. I basing this on the the fact that a new GT runs a 13.8 in stock trim and i whoop on the newer Stangs and i've taken out a number of Z28's...anyway this is all irrelevant on this forum... :p

Back