***The Cuda Build***

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Holley double pumper, 1000 cfm!! The car has a custom return fuel system with a monster Aeromotive pump in the rear. The tank was converted with a baffle section so the pickup is always submersed. Lightened the shit out of the stock tank doing the modification too! LOL!

The Heads and Intake manifold were both port matched and had the castings cleaned up inside. They were pretty good though from Indy. The rest of the motor from Indy....meh at best. Hence the full blueprint!!!

Sweet deal, having your fuel slosh under control will save a lot of trouble down the road lol. Ya, Indy is the shit, bout the best money can buy and their castings need little improvement. I think it was Indy that makes a water pump flow reverser that has an advertised gain of 15 horse. Have you heard anything about em?

Cant say that I have. The only gripe with Indy is they sell you a package which includes all the internals, block, heads etc... They dont inspect ANY of the parts that arent theirs. We found the crank was terribly off balance, cam was warped etc...Almost everything was sent back to the manufacturer to be replaced. Took forever, shouldnt be like that etc... These motors cost BIG money, you should get what you're paying for IMO. When we test fit the crank, rods and slugs we found the rods to be off center with the bore. We called Indy, they told us to just install the parts and enjoy it, we wont be disappointed! We obviously did NOT take that advice....

O damn, I didnt realize their package deals worked like that. Your deffinitly right, thats one of the most expensive motors to build, and by now all the kinks in aftermarket parts should be worked out. That car wouldnt happen to have a 9 1/4" rearend would it?

Last edited:
I have the stock Mopar 8.75" posi rear in my driveway at home. Now the car has a ford 9" rear, art morrison ladder bars, custom sub-frame connectors, custom Boyd wheels 18x12 and 18x8 etc.. Ill make a full mods list for this car when I go down again. It really has everything you can think of!

Another note: Callie cranks are made with chinese metals now!!! NOT what they used to be! We have supposedly the last U.S crank you could get, took my dad forever to call and find someone with it.

nice if you ever bring it up to the house I'd love to have a look. Love the sound of that thing.

I have the stock Mopar 8.75" posi rear in my driveway at home. Now the car has a ford 9" rear, art morrison ladder bars, custom sub-frame connectors, custom Boyd wheels 18x12 and 18x8 etc.. Ill make a full mods list for this car when I go down again. It really has everything you can think of!

Another note: Callie cranks are made with chinese metals now!!! NOT what they used to be! We have supposedly the last U.S crank you could get, took my dad forever to call and find someone with it.

Nice! I was super happy with my Ford 9 inch. I put that thing through hell everyday (mini-spooled with decent tires in a DD) and the biggest problem it ever had was a minor leak in one axle seal. The only part I ever broke on it was the factory pinion yoke, but I replaced that with a strange chromoly piece and it never happened again.

Chinese steel :thumbsdown:, although the quality does seem to be coming up a lil bit.

Heart_Barracuda.jpg

That's all I can think of in this thread.

I keep reading every reply, while singing BARACUDA to myself. Now I'm going to go to bed and have a dream about Heart. Thanks.

Nice build. I'd kill to have a nice big juicy v8 monster to drive around here.

thats just a normal old t56 trans outa viper fbody corvette cobra (many things) nothing custom about it except maby some gear ratios and faceplating gforce does good work but i dont know where you get 5spd +6 those gearboxes come with 6gears stock. and that clutch looks alitle worn at least the flywheel has been good and hot. nice build car looks great you should have lots of fun in it.

I added the link to the page on my site with a couple pics and vids. I plan on taking plenty more when I get it out and bring it to my house :)

Back