The del slo at Thunderhill this past weekend, incar video!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

thunderhill was fun yesterday :ph34r:
Yes, yesterday was a great day! Thanks for coming out Ian.

I did my personal best yesterday with a 2:11.02. My previous best was a 2:14, huge difference. Here is a video, with Ian (GSRCRXsi) 's GF as my passenger. Definately not a very fast lap, but the spec miata in front of me is fun to watch. :)

http://www.norcalmotorsports.org/users/video/thunderhill/032707/gglc032707a.mov

Here are some pics of the beast in action.

haha, looked like it eh? :p Granted it was wet out and i think he was on slicks. :p

ya, only takes the last quote, weak huh? And what is this no comment business? :p

unfortunately/fortunately married... drove the ring with you she's a keeper... i'm just not going to comment. :ph34r:

and about tuning... we had a guy come from Lawrence at DSR *ahem* and well... he had an interesting story. I just want to see what I could do with it... ;)

3/27/2007,11,MF1A6615.JPG

that's me :)

i remember having that red elise behind us. it was some fun shit. i just wish i could have driven. oh well, next time :) at least i got some time in it on the highway :)

Last edited:
3/27/2007,11,MF1A6615.JPG

that's me :)

i remember having that red elise behind us. it was some fun shit. i just wish i could have driven. oh well, next time :) at least i got some time in it on the highway :)
Haha, I talked to that EXIGE driver afterwards. He wasn't happy to hear I had a basically stock 1.6L in that car. :p It was fun playing with that guy.

Stock valve springs...? I've got a 94 Del Sol VTEC too. :thumbsup:

For someone who loves speed & racing, i've yet to go to a track!! Partly because the closest tracks are out of state. We're you heel toe downshifting? I'm trying to perfect the technique but it's sorta hard with my current pedal configuration.

Stock valve springs...? I've got a 94 Del Sol VTEC too. :thumbsup:

For someone who loves speed & racing, i've yet to go to a track!! Partly because the closest tracks are out of state. We're you heel toe downshifting? I'm trying to perfect the technique but it's sorta hard with my current pedal configuration.
It is a type R head, so using R valve springs.

Ah, that does make it tough, we're lucky enough to have 5 major road courses within driving distance. :) Yes, I do heel toe for all down shifts. I do it almost every day, pulling up to nearly every stop/slow. Its not too hard to do it on the stock pedals. I have since switched to sparco pedals. The gas pedal has a big tab that comes closer to the brake pedal, makes it a lot easier. But i've also hit the gas when wanting just the brake, its that close :)

94 del slo vtec's unite!! :)

I just watched the other video, LOL to the white miata! Are you not running a thermostat? :driver:

I read somewhere you can try adjusting the gas pedal height to match when the brake is depressed. I also have to adjust my clutch pedal as well but it looks like the damn first locking nut by the clutch switch is f'ing hacked up & the way the other nuts are configured, it looks so damn tight in there it can't be done with a conventional wrench. Didn't have this problem with the old hatchback. :shrug2:

What's your suspension setup? I'm looking to go Tanabe after I get this motor finally tuned!

I just watched the other video, LOL to the white miata! Are you not running a thermostat? :driver:

I read somewhere you can try adjusting the gas pedal height to match when the brake is depressed. I also have to adjust my clutch pedal as well but it looks like the damn first locking nut by the clutch switch is f'ing hacked up & the way the other nuts are configured, it looks so damn tight in there it can't be done with a conventional wrench. Didn't have this problem with the old hatchback. :shrug2:

What's your suspension setup? I'm looking to go Tanabe after I get this motor finally tuned!
I'm beginning to think there is no thermostat, but i've never checked :)

I didn't have to adjust the height of any pedals, it works fine the way it is. I get pretty deep into the brake, so it matches to the gas pedal nicely.

Suspension is Tein HA"s and a JDM type R rear sway bar, thats it. The coilovers are like 6 years old and rusted to shit. :p I'm going to eventually go Koni SPSS3 race shocks and Ground Controls (not sure on spring rate yet).

I'll be swapping in the built 1.8L soon, I can't wait for more powa! :)

For all that hard driving & it's barely breaking over the Cold mark, i'd say something is up. Unless your running a huge radiator or aftermarket fan switch..

The clutch pedal I want to adjust for preference in throw/travel, not really refering to the heel toe'in. Gas pedal, yea I read somewhere about adjusting to reach easier.

Had the car for almost a year & was pretty stock besides these SUPER STIFF sway bars. I think they might be skunk 2's but can't be sure. I'm hoping the Del Sol VTEC's aren't susceptible to sub frame tear out... :ph34r:

Already got my 1.8 in there.. :D

Last edited:
Back