the end is near

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't Kerry say that we shouldn't worry about North Korea and we should concentrate on China?

:blink:

Is it just me, or did I not really pay any attention to what either candidate said?

Originally posted by Battle Pope@Feb 10 2005, 11:29 AM
Is it just me, or did I not really pay any attention to what either candidate said?
[post=459083]Quoted post[/post]​

Nope, me too. They were both colossal idiots. I could have learned more by watching pro wrestling on TV.

didn't we know they've had this crap for years?? well, maybe i was the only one who knew but i swear we've known about it for a while now. *shrug* they haven't used them yet... i think they just want a position of power and a bargaining tool. but, why build it if you're not going to use it?

A lot of people worldwide think they can back the US into a corner because we have such a heavy deployment around the globe.

they're Wrong.

when I get home tonight, I'll tell ya why.

-> Steve

they have em to keep bush from attacking them...

or at least thats their theory...

edit: if north and south korea stopped jerking each other off long enough to collaberate they would become a real economic power on the global scale...

Originally posted by reckedracing@Feb 10 2005, 01:50 PM
they have em to keep bush from attacking them...

Hell, I want nukes for the exact same reason. :ph34r:

If they're honestly just equipping themselves and making themselves a nuclear power, and don't intend on using them offensively, then there's really no problem. Whether that's the case or not is the question though.

i doubt Nkorea would ever use a nuke... its the whole selling one, or not securing them properly and they disappear... thats what worries me...

well, not me, i don;t really give a shit, no one is gonna nuke middle of no where NY, lol

But they WOULD nuke NYC... you have to take fallout into consideration.

yup. the article even states that N korea was sick of waiting for bush to do soemthing- so he said fuck it, im out, im doing my own thing, and im going ot build my self a couple nuc's.

frankly, i don't blame the guy. :shrug2:

Originally posted by Celerity@Feb 10 2005, 02:43 PM
A lot of people worldwide think they can back the US into a corner because we have such a heavy deployment around the globe.

they're Wrong.

-> Steve
[post=459145]Quoted post[/post]​

:werd:

If need be i'm sure the US can take on the world. we have the power to end any conflict that we are currently engaged in, we just don't use it, for "humanitarian reasons"

Originally posted by adidas_man+Feb 10 2005, 05:23 PM-->
@Feb 10 2005, 02:43 PM

they're Wrong.

-> Steve

If need be i'm sure the US can take on the world. we have the power to end any conflict that we are currently engaged in, we just don't use it, for "humanitarian reasons"
[post=459245]Quoted post[/post]​

speak for yourself, i live on the coast, 10 minutes from a naval weapons depot.

Originally posted by sLuShBoXtEgGy@Feb 10 2005, 05:33 PM
speak for yourself, i live on the coast, 10 minutes from a naval weapons depot.
[post=459252]Quoted post[/post]​

yeah and i live about 15 seconds from the worlds most advanced plane, and enough munitions to probably take missouri, and other surrounding states off of the map

Originally posted by adidas_man+Feb 10 2005, 05:23 PM-->
Originally posted by Celerity@Feb 10 2005, 02:43 PM

they're Wrong.

-> Steve

[post=459245]Quoted post[/post]​

A lot of people don't realise - But they would if they picked up an issue of Janes Defence sometime.

A Nuclear Submarine, specifically Ohio or the new Virginia class (SSBN), has 12 to 42 ballistic / trident missile tubes. These missiles are capable of ringing the doorbell on a specific address in just about any given neighborhood in that hemisphere. They are Nuclear warheaded.

It would take 4 to completely cover the civilized globe, 8 to cover the entire geographic globe. We have about 22, with another 3 being christened this year.

With 20% of our Submarine fleet, we can dominate the globe during a nuclear showdown, or worse yet Holocaust where complete annihilation is guaranteed. That means complete not only from fall-out, but from the heat and force alone. These submarines are deployed RIGHT NOW in an eschelon that blankets the world with U.S. Naval supremacy. Everytime the Alert system goes Yellow all ports are cleared out, and these Tridents are placed into position.

[B

1990 Bulletin of Atomic Engineers]
The naval forces of the five nuclear powers possess about 14,600 nuclear weapons, nearly 30 percent of the world's total arsenal. About 750 ships and submarines can fire naval nuclear weapons, down 100 from last year. Approximately 2,800 nuclear capable aircraft and helicopters have attack and/or antisubmarine missions. Fourteen types of ballistic missile submarines (SSBNs) carry 14 types of ballistic missiles. Strategic warheads comprise about 64 percent of the naval total, a ratio that continues to increase. Nonstrategic weapons include sea-and air-launched missiles, bombs, torpedoes, surface-to-air missiles, and coastal missiles.

That was 15 years ago.

And yes, other countries have similar fleets. Ours is the most comprehensive, well trained and experienced.

Those are just the subs. There are ways that the US can take out targets from Space. Then the sci-fi like things like Beam Weapons and the possibility of weather control devices. OF course, I'm not going to cuont them, but It wouldn't surprise me.

-> Steve

Back