The Fast and the Furious

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

That person is called a QCer (Quality Control). I was offered that job where I work but I did not want to sit in a room staring at a screen for 8-12 hours a day.

They're not called QC'ers they called somthing else that has contenuity in the title. You don't stare at a scren all day long, by then it's too late and too expensive to fix.

These folks are "on location" and are behind the camera **before** filming to make sure everything is the same as when the camera stopped rolling.

Movies aren't shot in any order; reverse or forward. They are shot as locations/actors/crew become available. For instance, the very first scene shot in Die Hard was the scene where 'McClain' meets 'Hans' near the roof and gives him a gun.

It's the job of the person in charge of continuity to take meticulous notes and have the prop, wardrobe and make-up people make everything match. Most of these folks use polaroids. Hell, with the advent of digi cameras, I'm sure they have switched over to that medium now.

Need anymore useless movie trivia, let meknow :p

The car actually broke after Brian picked up vin diesel. So how did the car move you say? Fred Flinstone could do it, so thats what vin did.

Originally posted by 94RedSiGal+Jun 3 2004, 04:25 PM-->
revolution8k
@Jun 3 2004, 05:00 PM
um... the whole movie and movie series was a mistake...so I guess there's 72 mistakes.  :)

Actually no... both those movies were very decent money makers:

Box Office History for Fast and the Furious Movies

Basically the two movies cost $114,000,000 to make... the total US Gross was $271,632,368, with a Worldwide Gross of $422,800,000. That's about $300 million dollars in profits... So no... making those movies was not a mistake. :p

You didn't get my drift. Yes, it made money, but now every Domestic V8 guy associates EVERY import enthusiast with the movie. It's fucking annoying when they say "go watch your f&f and be gay" and stupid shit like that, seeing as how I've never seen either one in it's entirety and I never will spend money on them.

It was a waste of film, time, electricity, sun light, human brain waves and cloned Saleen and Yenko Camaros. Period.

Fast and the Furious was/is not the cause of muscle heads saying that imports suck. They always have hated, and always will hate a smaller more economicla engine beating their ass. The only thing that F&F may have done bad was cause cops to pull me over just becasue of what car I drive.

Yes I realize that Frankie, however it's made the domestic muscle guys hate all import enthusiasts now. They classify EVERY import enthusiast as a ricer now. Before that fagget of a movie came out I could go to a domestic board and be complimented on my car, now every fagget little bitch 16 year old with mommy and daddy's wallet and their spankin new 04 GT they didn't pay for is like "your a ricer, your a ricer" and it's just fucking annoying.

That movie is nothing more than an embarassment to anybody who is a true import enthusiast and is in to going fast and doesn't give two flying monkey fuckers about looking good.

What I guess I'm saying is the movie brought out the worst between the groups of enthusiasts and it's already old and annoying.

Well I kind of like the 16 year olds who drive a car they didn't buy. Why? Because they are the real ricers and you can make them look extremely stupid as I have done multiple times, also to top it all off when my future build is done, the SS/Cobra drivers will be ultra pissed when they lose to a ricer, I LOVE the movie for making me look bad, because now when I beat their ass I look ultra good, and they look ultra stupid. My favorite part is when they "KNOW IT ALL" and ask me, "DO YOU HAVE NAWWZZ!!"

Back