1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Ls motor in A CRX hf

Discussion in 'HYBRID -> ED-EF / DA' started by looneytoonzcrx, Jan 18, 2004.

1. looneytoonzcrx

looneytoonzcrx Junior Member

:angry: I need help, I have a integra Ls motor but I need help for the complete swap. Some people told me 90 to 91 axles but others told me Just keep the 92 axles and what ecu should I choose and is there any wiring that I have to do

2. pissedoffsol

pissedoffsol RETIRED

what year hf?

3. looneytoonzcrx

4. looneytoonzcrx

:eek: I wanna know what axles, ecu, wiring harness, and what transmission to use with the motor.The choice of motor is A 1992 integra Ls motor

5. looneytoonzcrx

I also wanna th steps of putting one in and what do I really have to do to the enginebay. One more thing is there any wiring I have to do.

Thanx for your help

6. pissedoffsol

pissedoffsol RETIRED

i really think you should consider paying a shop to put it in.

just by the questions you ask, you really have no idea what you are doing.

no one here can sit down and draw out for you step-by -step what to do. it would take months. this place isn't a cookbook. its for help.

theres plenty of wiring, plenty of work, and your sig shows even more ignorance.

do some reasearch. see what a swap really entials. buy a helms manual. and then, ask a specific question. we, nor anyone, can hold your hand like this.

7. thumpyls

thumpyls Member

g2ic.com...ull need 90 axles...hasport mount(stock) and a custom linkage...obd1 ecu from the motor..make sure though for the ecu..s1 tranny...make sure its cable trans...its easy to swap motors..ull most def need a lift or a garage w/ a yanker

8. rmgblown

rmgblown Junior Member

actually...you DON'T need a lift, secondly.....the wiring depends if you plan on staying odb1....if you want to stay odb0...you would at least have to have a multiport harness and a 90-93 5spd ecu..and yes you have to use 91-93 teg axles and intermediate shaft...the one thing that i am not at all sure of is what back bracket to use...i am doing the same swap in a 90 civic as we speak.....and to all who posted on his question....if every1 would offer just a little info, instead of bashing..this would be an exelent place for rookies to get help....just remember...we were ALL rookies once.....PEACE

9. dragoncrxls

dragoncrxls Junior Member

I am doing a 91 LS into my 90 crx, I used the entire front suspension from the Integra, (you will need larger rims for this) I am also using my stock ECU, You will also need a few goodies from the junk yard, and a engine hoist, lift, or about 4 friends to lift the motor. The prep to the engine bay is just pounding the drivers side inner fender for the alternator clerance. I am not done yet due to a 180.00 starter that I cannot afford. You can email me for more info. THIS SITE IS FOR HELP AND I WILL GLADLY OFFER WHAT I CAN, PISSEDOFFDELSOL JUST NEEDS HIS DADDY TO PUOND HIS ASS SO HE WONT BE A BITCH TO EVERYONE!

10. hatchboy

hatchboy Sleeves+boost=Love

my car is a 91 crx si. I used my original wiring harness, its a jdm b18b with jdm b16 tranny. Used the crx wiring harness,eerything plugged in. used pre obd ls distro and ls ecu, used stock axles off 01 gsr and it worked perfectly. I dont know why all these people have such troubles, alls i had to do with wiring is extend 02 sensor wire. wow

how hard?

11. reckedracing

reckedracing TTIWWOP VIP

i haven't done this swap myself but i wanna try and help you as much as I can...

I actualy had an LS motor and the mounts and everything but needed the car on the road asap so sold all the pots i bought for it...

Check out super street, I am pretty sure thats the magazine that had a complete write up on 88 to 91 LS civic swap...
    it was last summer i believe...

and in that article they refer to another article about the wiring issues you may encounter...

those two articles would be your best bet on a solid BASE of knowledge...
    and just keep reading man... give it time and you'll be helping other people out if you just keep learning...

12. Jeef

Jeef NO MA'AM Moderator VIP

First of all this is uncalled for.

Second, we don't have time to completely answer all aspects of his questions. All that pissedoff aka Brian was trying to say is that we can't really answer generic questions but specific ones we can. If you want to write a step by step article that covers the complete swap feel free to and we will put it in the articles section. We have been doing this for over 2 years now and its tough to answer these generic questions. All of the info on doing the swap is out there. Its kind of forcing people to do a little research on their own, which they should be since there is a ton of misinformation on the net. I recommend people who are doing swaps to look at atleast 3 different reputable sites to make sure everything makes sense and nobody overlooked anything.

To the starter of the thread, also consider doing a zc swap, since its pretty much the same hp/tq and it bolts right in. It would be a good beginner swap. A homemade turboed zc crx will own an ls powered crx.

13. pissedoffsol

pissedoffsol RETIRED

pull something like that again, and start waving. This site IS my site.
    see where it says
    <-- ADMIN

you blind fuck

14. GSRCRXsi

GSRCRXsi Super Moderator Moderator VIP

damn B, are you alright? your being really nice today considerin what he just said, ive seen you ban for less.

15. dragoncrxls

Like I would give a shit if you kicked me off your site, I would just come back under another name and do it again you mean fuck. I think you are just mean online because you are a pussy in the real wold.

16. dragoncrxls

I do agree with Jeef, but I did months of research and was told 5 differant things by 5 different sites including HASport.

17. GSRCRXsi

GSRCRXsi Super Moderator Moderator VIP

:asshat: you wont be back when your IP address gets banned. start waving.

im leaving this open only becasue its not your thread

carry on :)

18. Prowler

Prowler Super Moderator

you and no one on your internet provider will be posting for a while if this keeps up.

19. EFB18A1

EFB18A1 Member

hope he dont got sbc dsl

20. white90zc

white90zc Junior Member

EFB18A1 Posted on Feb 1 2004, 01:45 AM
    hope he dont got sbc dsl

why is that?(im a rook) :D

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted