The new Metallica album.

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

dudes, Metallica is old when you think of the time they started playing. Even Kirk said they just cant hold those hard ass fast ass riffs like they did before. I dont blame them! How would you feel if had to go home with bleeding fingers every show.
I saw ''The Who'' perform on tv last week and they cant even sing the old stuff without running out of breath. So for Metallica to still play metal they are still rockin it. I will be getting the new album.

Along with the new AC/DC one too. yes Angus is back.

Thread revival because of the other thread. I don't know man, Death Magnetic has probably some of the fastest music they've written.

Sounding more like the european metal bands. I listen to alot of metal and most are from europe.

What they sound like is thrash, which is not isolated to Europe. Every type of metal imaginable can be found in European form, i.e. death, thrash, prog, core, grind, etc. What bands are you referencing, out of curiosity.

What they sound like is thrash, which is not isolated to Europe. Every type of metal imaginable can be found in European form, i.e. death, thrash, prog, core, grind, etc. What bands are you referencing, out of curiosity.

Opeth (sweden), In Flames (sweden) and Devildriver (california lol). When i lose focus when im listening to it i hear some parts that sound like some of their riffs.

Maybe its just me, but Metallica have changed their sound.

Limewire is so 2001. :D Bittorrent is where it's at nowadays

Ahahaha. Fuck you I lol'd so hard. Nice one.

Opeth (sweden), In Flames (sweden) and Devildriver (california lol). When i lose focus when im listening to it i hear some parts that sound like some of their riffs.

Maybe its just me, but Metallica have changed their sound.

I gotcha. Some of their riffs may sound like something Opeth has done but overall they are in totally different genres of music. I guess it depends on which album. My Arms Your Hears, definitely. Still Life, not so much. BTW, I love Opeth. I'm going to see them on the 23rd in Cleveland. Did you like Watershed? And WIN for pretty much all Swedish metal.

One of the things i hate about being in Canada, big bands dont come here as often, only in Toronto, Montreal and maybe some other of the larger cities. But im not far from Toronto so i do get the chance just not the time. I cant wait for importfest again.

Bands go to Canada all the time. There is a pretty healthy Canadian death metal scene. Beneath the Massacre, Kataklysm, Neuraxis, Cryptopsy, Quo Vadis, and Gorguts are some of the major ones. Most major tours have Canadian stops. Summer Slaughter had a whole separate Canadian tour with better bands than the U.S. tour. Assholes...

lol maybe i didnt look hard enough. Probably another reason why i dont know is that i dont have many friends into metal and i aint going to those things alone.

I hear you there. I only have one friend who likes to go to brutal shows and he's kind of a weirdo. There's no way in shit I'm going to get fiancee to come see a band called Dying Fetus.

House of Blues

Should be a good show.
Bands go to Canada all the time. There is a pretty healthy Canadian death metal scene. Beneath the Massacre, Kataklysm, Neuraxis, Cryptopsy, Quo Vadis, and Gorguts are some of the major ones. Most major tours have Canadian stops. Summer Slaughter had a whole separate Canadian tour with better bands than the U.S. tour. Assholes...
:werd: A lot of bands tour outside the US more than they tour here.

Back