the painted man

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

that's called a steam shovel.

damn hicks :D
Attaboy! I'll bet you think that steam shovel is the bee's knees. Later we can pile into your jalopy and head on down to the speak easy. We'll grab a bottle of hooch and check out the gams on all the fine dames. It'll be a swell time. If we're lucky, we'll each find a doll with a nice chassis, and take 'em to a swanky hotel. Then......

okay, i'm out of 20's slang now.

bulldozer.jpg

This ^^^^^ is a bulldozer....

Have you noticed that caterpillar has given up on masking lately?

Paint process: Build tractor, except for cab. Spray every fucking thing yellow. Tracks, rubber hydraulic lines, wiring, fittings, motors, every fucking thing. Add cab and stickers. Toss it on the showroom floor.

Not that it matters, or affects its function, but damn that is sloppy and lazy.

Now that's an observation of a mechanic. I would think it would be lazy and a waist of extra paint but maybe they are too lazy to mask and tape everything.

look at them big ole knobby tires thats a tractor

Why is B looking for painted men?

:ph34r:

:ph34r:

:confused:

WTF?!?!?!?

lol...im just sayin. if its got the big tires its a tractor. hick talk ain't that hard to understand.

Some of those are kinda trippy, tractor one was the best, at first i didnt think he was even in it.:squint:

lol...im just sayin. if its got the big tires its a tractor. hick talk ain't that hard to understand.

hey look, a tractor!

rx_donk.jpg

and in case you want to get technical, saying those are wheels, not tires.....

Hey look, a tractor!

amazing-street-Corvette-converted-to-4x4.jpg

Hey look, a tractor!

DSCN2403.jpg

LMAO. Airjockie, are yo drunk or somethin? That's three awesome posts today... Maybe they're just awesome because Im drunk.

PS: That RX8 is shopped. I saw it as a Cutlas or something like that in a magazine.

that's called a steam shovel.

damn hicks :D

No it's not, it's called a front end loader. :p

edit: just noticed someone posted that up already. I only know this because the plant I worked at built those also.

Last edited:
Have you noticed that caterpillar has given up on masking lately?

Paint process: Build tractor, except for cab. Spray every fucking thing yellow. Tracks, rubber hydraulic lines, wiring, fittings, motors, every fucking thing. Add cab and stickers. Toss it on the showroom floor.

Not that it matters, or affects its function, but damn that is sloppy and lazy.

Many of the big parts are pre-painted. During assembly, the only painting done is touch-up. And yes...the painting is VERY sloppy. Especially when you get to see how they come in(many parts are built in Mexico).

Last edited:
Why would you be all that concerned about the paint on heavy equipment? Other than Dumps or Mixer trucks that are going up and down the road with your company logo on it. Paint is only important on heavy equipment to help prevent corrosion.

We spend hours touching up paint on our stuff so that it's perfect- then the troops take spray paint to them when they hit the field. Oh well.

Why would you be all that concerned about the paint on heavy equipment? Other than Dumps or Mixer trucks that are going up and down the road with your company logo on it. Paint is only important on heavy equipment to help prevent corrosion.

You don't have to be going up and down the road, you could be building it. Komatsu, Caterpillar, etc. get advertisement when people see their equipments at work. I mean, think about it, when you say tractor; people will think John Deere or Caterpillar.

Back