the tree thread

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

not sure on that sling shot one :spin:

ficus nitida = indian loral<sp?> fig
shamel ash = wel, shamel ash
souther live oak = southern live oak. i doubt it will live anywhere it snow's though. the ficus will deffinately die if it get's below 28 degree's f

i think it would be funny to splice some tree that hybernates in the winter with a pine tree, so half the tree would lose its leaves and half would remain green with pines. that would be funny as hell

im sure if we thought about it enough we could find uses. i mean seriously cows have multiple stomaches... that has a use.

Originally posted by JDMPlaya@Nov 28 2003, 01:27 AM
hell yea cherry apples would be the shit

actually they suck

i just cut a big "Chapple" tree down in my backyard

here goes the story

We have a cherry tree and an apple tree in our backyard and one day i was out weeding with my pops and we saw this weird looking weed inbetween the two trees. So we decided to let it grow as an experiment. turns out it was a tree. so we moved it and let it grow for a few years till it started to bear fruit. the friut grows to the size of a cherry, but with the consistency of an apple and apple seeds, no they arent crab apples, they taste like shit too. and they usually fell off not untill like early nov and would sit there under the snow and ferment all winter and then in the spring the birds would eat them and get drunk. that is all

EDIT: my dad and i named it the "Bastard Fruit Tree" but my mom hates that name so its also a chapple tree

Back