They Did the Thing (Prelude is back as an EV)

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

looks a bit like a new 400Z.

ugh. I hate that i'm going to have to embrace ev's at some point in my life

Haha, yeah, me too.

But yes, you're right. Definitely see a bit of the 400Z there.

Front end has a little 2024 Prius in it also...

1698259031396.png

honda coupes are back baby!

they really fucked up not making the Si a coupe.............. but damn do i miss the 2 door hatchback.

American car buyers hate coupes
American car buyers hate anything that's not 4 or all wheel drive
American car buyers hate anything that's not an SUV or CUV
American car buyers hate manual transmissions

With that said, I don't hate the concept.
Id definitely prefer a hybrid to a full EV. (Some of us still like to drive more than 3 hours without having to stop and charge for a damn hour or more)

I fully expect this to get fully ruined by the time they release it, if they release it.

I'd love to eat my words but the automotive industry is just about dead to me.

So I haven't seen ANY technical details on the Prelude concept other than it might be hybrid/EV. I LOVE the shape of the concept car. Sadly, since it's a Honda, it will still be front wheel drive...

As far as EVs in general, the auto industry might be backing off of that a bit. I'm convinced that EV isn't the way to go for the long future, at least not with the battery tech we have now. Tesla is running into problems (other than their shitty build quality), Ford is scaling back F-150 Lightning production, GM is delaying their electric Silverado... the price for your average EV is just too damn high too.

the price of everything is just too damn high.

a 'mid line' truck with decent options is over 80 grand.
top of the line hd's are 100k+. it's insane.

We live in a world where an M3 costs less than a pickup with leather.

the price of everything is just too damn high.

a 'mid line' truck with decent options is over 80 grand.
top of the line hd's are 100k+. it's insane.

We live in a world where an M3 costs less than a pickup with leather.
Yeah the pricing is just damn stupid. Wife said she wanted a hybrid for the next car- the price difference for one of the cheapest ones new ($30k) vs the HR-V ($15k) we bought not even a year ago would pay for 9 years of gas alone.

and the tax credits are basically over now for most ev's as it caps at 55k. anything 'worth' buying is over 55k

I've never tried figuring out the tax credit game- but CarGurus was showing me a $4k credit for used EVs? If I bought a Leaf for $5500 would that make it $1500 in the end? Not sure what kinds of transactions qualify.

it's only for new cars i beleive, not used.

Beginning January 1, 2023, if you buy a qualified used electric vehicle (EV) or fuel cell vehicle (FCV) from a licensed dealer for $25,000 or less, you may be eligible for a used clean vehicle tax credit (also referred to as a previously owned clean vehicle credit). The credit equals 30% of the sale price up to a maximum credit of $4,000.

To qualify, a vehicle must meet all of these requirements:
  • Have a sale price of $25,000 or less. Sale price includes all dealer-imposed costs or fees not required by law. It doesn't include costs or fees required by law, such as taxes or title and registration fees.
  • Have a model year at least 2 years earlier than the calendar year when you buy it. For example, a vehicle purchased in 2023 would need a model year of 2021 or older.
  • Not have already been transferred after August 16, 2022, to a qualified buyer
  • Have a gross vehicle weight rating of less than 14,000 pounds
  • Be an eligible FCV or plug-in EV with a battery capacity of least 7 kilowatt hours
  • Be for use primarily in the United States
Ok, just answered my own question. 30% of the sale price, not $4k flat out, and has to be from a dealer.

Back