Thinking about boosting stock GSR. Please Help

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

IIpower

Hey everyone. I was thinking about ,aking power the other day and just came to mind that maybe going turbo would be the ebst way to make power. I want to at least make 350 on a stock gsr block and be reliable. What I need help with is what all is needed to making a stock Gsr motor turbo? What are the major and most important tips. Every single detail please. I would greatly appreciate the help from those who have had experience in the boost area.

I was looking around and saw this kit what do you think?

Full-Race Motorsports LLC "Everything Else is Half Fast"

full race is good stuff...probably as close as it gets to being fast and reliable at the same time.

the most important tip is TUNING. TUNING TUNING TUNING AND MORE TUNING. Have your local shop tune your car (preferably someone you trust with the life of your engine) to a comfortable afr (about 12:1) and you should be good to go.

i made 508 on a stock gsr motor just dont go over 25psi i ran 20psi for the longest time with no issues

if you want reliability i don't know if i'd aim for anything above 350whp on a bone stock gsr motor. i know that is your goal, but insurance is good so i'd atleast put some arp head studs in and some forged pistons and rods. atleast that is what i plan to do. right now at 8psi i'm making around 280whp. i have a set of wiseco's on the shelf waiting and have arp hardware on the way as well as a cometic head gasket. i need to source some connecting rods (b17) and i am good to go. i'm hoping to make 400whp on pump gas when everything is said and done.

yes, tuning is all important. invest in a good wideband as well.

Back