Thinking About Getting A Credit Card

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

People who are bad with money will always be bad with money regardless of credit cards or not.

I LOVE my credit cards and use them for 99% of what I buy, I hate spending cash. At the end of the month I get a nice statement showing me where all my money went allowing me to monitor my spending. With cash, people argue they keep receipts and add them up at the end of the money. Yeah sure you do.

Credit is a wonderful thing, it allows you to spend someone else's money without risking your own.

Can you go through life without using credit? No doubt, however I can't think of a single person I know that is a cash only guy who is better off then sub par at best in life when it comes to money. All of the well off to really well off guys I know that have money, always barrow for investments or projects. Hell I'm the same way, I have a lot of cash building up and once I have enough money to cover my next big project I'm going to take a loan out for the project and hold onto my cash, my cash will only come into play if my plans fail, at that point I'll pay back the loan. If the plan doesnt fail I'll write off all my expenses and invest my still in hand money else where.

Blows my mind how many people are stuck in a weird mind set of credit is evil, no one needs it.

I spend almost everything on credit, I pay off 100% of it at the end of the money. I earn rewards on all my credit use.

This is from last months statement.

attachment.php

Who here would turn down an extra $100?

Attachments

• cashback1.jpg
    cashback1.jpg
    27.5 KB · Views: 241
A credit card is not required to book a hotel room, not in any state that I have in anyway. They usually put an extra fee on the card which is refunded back to you after a few days, the same with a car rental. The difference with the car rental is that they may require an additional proof of residence, I show a utility bill.

what planet do you live on. Of course they require a card. Like i said i travel 12-15 times a year for work. They always ask what credit card will you be using. You can opt to pay cash at check out but the require a card to hold the room whether its a debit or credit card.

When I used to travel, I was on the road 5 days a week. I was home most nights but I would have to get hotels on the fly sometimes. I always had to give my cc.

That's funny, considering I have no credit card whatsoever...I have been able to fly, rent a car and book hotels without a problem.

That's funny, considering I have no credit card whatsoever...I have been able to fly, rent a car and book hotels without a problem.

So you drive to the airport and pay for the ticket, drive home and just hold on to it until the day you leave?

Can you elborate on how you do all this? Might be helpful to some people

So you drive to the airport and pay for the ticket, drive home and just hold on to it until the day you leave?

Can you elborate on how you do all this? Might be helpful to some people

I do the same. I pay for the ticket online. I haven't held an airplane ticket in over a decade.

I'm a corporate account at Enterprise rent-a-car. Never needed a card for that.

I book hotel rooms using a gift card. Shit, they'll do anything. Mostly I call them up and pay for the room.

OH, and I've gotten used to handing over $500 security deposits frequently. Gotta keep money in a bank if you're gonna live without credit. Another reason I think Credit cards are for morons.

Isn't having a corporate account a form of credit? Someone is fronting money and collecting it later.

I do the same. I pay for the ticket online. I haven't held an airplane ticket in over a decade.

I'm a corporate account at Enterprise rent-a-car. Never needed a card for that.

I book hotel rooms using a gift card. Shit, they'll do anything. Mostly I call them up and pay for the room.

OH, and I've gotten used to handing over $500 security deposits frequently. Gotta keep money in a bank if you're gonna live without credit. Another reason I think Credit cards are for morons.

I basically do the same thing. I've always used hotels.com, or travelocity, though. I buy Amtrak right off the site, they are damn near half the cost during the holidays. So the hotel, train, plane or car is always booked ahead of time on the bank card.

Using your bank card is no different after your trip. The only difference is that the hotels and rentals put a security hold on your card during the trip. Yes, the hotel always ask for a credit card, but you do not need to use credit. Not at any hotel in any state that I have been to.

Isn't having a corporate account a form of credit? Someone is fronting money and collecting it later.

My corporate account is just a discount thing. And they have my shit on file.

So I walk in, hand them the card, PAY, and go. At least, that's how it's SUPPOSED to work.

A few weeks ago I had to present the card... and an "unpaid bill". What the shit, I have no clue. They said it was new corporate policy with or without a credit card. I think it was just to confirm my corporate account (I had to present a bill with my company name on it, that showed I had a previous balance)

Thinking about opening a Bass Pro CC, I already spend enough money there as it is. Might as well get rewards for it. The only thing is it's only offered in MasterCard, the Visa is not available anymore. Boo.

MasterCard and visa are pretty much the same damn thing

Not really sure of the differences besides where they are accepted. A lot of the places near me do not accept MasterCard, I think because they have a higher transaction fee. I found this out the hard way with my debit card... had to switch from a MC to Visa.

MasterCard and visa are pretty much the same damn thing
Yeah, anyone can PM me for the truth on that one.

EDIT: I am an I.T. guy, who has had a background in this stuff at very high levels. There is a guy in the news lately who has a very similar background to mine.

I think a lot of ya'll are getting things mixed up. He probably pays with a debit card....

Basically what I figured....

These guys just missed that it seems. "WHAT? You literally drive to the airport and buy plane tickets?" :facepalm:

Back