Thinking of a change of scenery, Opinions wanted

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Yeah, you're used to living in a police state.

If you think the police are too corrupt, don't go to Denver, Seattle, NYC, Assachussetts or Florida.

I don't understand at all. Corrupt? I don't break the law, and none of my friends that I'm close with do. We don't have any problems whatsoever

Portland, OR then San Diego, CA on that quiz.

If I have a real job relocating might be limited to where there are other branches, etc. etc.
find a real job in another state
if it sucks you quit and go back home

you find a real job and you'll be tied down

North Carolina is a nice state. Raleigh/Durham area especially.

:werd: NC is nice, the winters aren't too cold, the summers aren't too hot (with the exception of a couple weeks ago when it was 105 for four days in row.. but that's not a regular event). I'm right in the middle of Raleigh, Durham, Greensboro, about 2 hours from Carowinds, 3 from Busch Gardens.. And you can understand MOST of the people down here when they talk. Also, NC is on the lower end of the national price of gas per gallon (still 3.89 in most places atm). Good luck on finding someplace that peaks your interest :D

:werd:

Definitely check out Raleigh/Durham. I lived in Cary, NC for about 6 years and it was a gorgeous town with great job opportunities. Housing wasn't that bad either.

Plus, they have CookOut and BoJangles. :thumbsup: :D

that site sucks.

i cliked northeast, hate the heat, and said snowboarding is important to me and it put me in north carloina, and airzona among others....
Were you doing that for me? I forget if you board.

Remember when I went down to Raleigh a few months ago? Yea, that place sucks, there's nothing there, the people seemed nice but it was really country. My mother lives somewhere down there but I could never live in NC.

I liked VA. Richmond was okay. I've been to the coast of VA but I don't remember it that well, I was a kid with my pops or probably my grandparents too. I guess I like some place where there's a little more city, I like northeast PA for some reason and there's not much up there, I think it's cause I grew up there for a few years during high school.

Redding is beautiful, usually very neutral climate, northern california, In the mountains, right next to lake shasta (Beautiful, crystal clear).. Huge redwoods, nice forests, ocean a couple hours away, medium-small town (90k population last I looked).. nice people. Redding is where I plan to retire.

I love Fl. It's nice all year but it does get hot as shit in the summer because of the humidity if you don't mind that. I went swimming on christmas day. Other than that Ohio is nice I had family that lived there and I would go visit and in the winter it was like here but nicer. The summer was a little cooler and deffinately not as humid, but nothing out there.

You are young, ambitious, and single. Don't move to Ohio. Ohio is where dreams come to die.

upper new england > *

if i could do it over again, i'd go to the outskirts of burlington vt, or lake george ny area

+1 for you B. Go to NH. Thriving job market. Skiing, ocean, everything you want to do within an hour drive at the most. That's a personal bias though. I can't wait to move back home :(

Basically, as you've noticed from most of these posts, avoid the middle of the country. Stick to the coasts and you will have a great time. As far as Texas....I dunno...I hear mixed reports. I'd just avoid it on principle.

And another thing to consider, if you are from NJ, you are going to die if you go too far South on the East Coast. I grew up in an angry, fast-paced NE environment and this Ohio shit drives me crazy. The majority of people are just too stupid and move too slow. It's that whole midwest thing. I dunno. Whatever. Maybe it would make you appreciate Jersey...

Don't get me wrong, I love Jersey. It has everything. Surfing, snowboarding, cities (NYC, AC, Philly even though it sucks), "country-ish" (I could go "muddin' if I wanted), and stuff is nice and close.

But I just want to see what else is out there. I would love mountains and a beach, but I do need at least one.

I moved from South Florida to Raleigh/Durham area in NC. it actually is awsome up there. only issue i had was that everything was too spread out. wanted to go to the store? drive 7 miles. but with in Raleigh. its cool.

now south florida isnt bad either. ft lauderdale. Miami, North Ft. Myeres. all cool places to be. but i hear alabama has some cheap ass land tax's

I moved from South Florida to Raleigh/Durham area in NC. it actually is awsome up there. only issue i had was that everything was too spread out. wanted to go to the store? drive 7 miles. but with in Raleigh. its cool.

now south florida isnt bad either. ft lauderdale. Miami, North Ft. Myeres. all cool places to be. but i hear alabama has some cheap ass land tax's
Because no one wants to live there? haha.

Ya. Exactly. Avoid the middle of the country. Where I live here in Ohio you can buy a decent house for $40,000. A nice house can be had for $90-120k. A mansion will go for a hair over $200k. You can buy a flip house for $2,000. Good luck selling it though...

I find that hard to believe, but I've never been to Ohio (nor would I ever want to) so I can't really say anything. Can anyone confirm this?

I've been to Akron, but I stayed at U of A. Seemed kind of nice, but everything is way spread out. I did like cheap cigarettes and beer at every store though.

Back