this guy has some huge nuts....

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

I'd be more scared of getting my sack blown off by an accidental explosion than of crashing. That guy was a blur as he went by the radar gun, omg.

MikeBergy said:
I'd be more scared of getting my sack blown off by an accidental explosion than of crashing.
werd

i would have to hope he has some sort of steering stabilizer, cause otherwise i could only imagine the deathwobble that thing would get at those speeds

I don't think that there would be too much wobble, remember, those wheels are huge diameters. If he is using a normal road wheel size then they are just under 28inch wheels (not includeing the tire) so that means there is a LOT of rotational inertia. If you get a bike wheel and spin it in your hands holding on to the axle then try and rotate it, its very hard (pretty much the reason why you can ride a bike is because of this, and why you can carve on a motorcycle or a road bike). The faster you spin it, the harder it is to spin. So basicly the faster he goes, the more stability he has in a straight line.

As for the movie, I think the one that i posted about a month was even more crazy where they were gravity powered and on dirt going about 100mph

Damn. I want to know what kind of setup he's running- especially on the tires.

Oh, and I assume that 245 is kph, not mph- and if so, only about 150mph, not almost 250.

its probably a 29er, meaning the diameter of the wheels is 29". i think thats what a lot of guys are starting to run now. i know that there are atleast a lot running them on MTB's.

as I watch it again, although he is moving, and even if it is MPH, its not all that impressive because its still motorized, even if it is rocket powered. There is a turbine bike that does 250 and I am sure the land speed record is way over that. Its not a bicycle if its not human/gravity powered. I think this is more crazy...

Bicycle accident - Google Video

asmallsol said:
as I watch it again, although he is moving, and even if it is MPH, its not all that impressive because its still motorized, even if it is rocket powered. There is a turbine bike that does 250 and I am sure the land speed record is way over that. Its not a bicycle if its not human/gravity powered. I think this is more crazy...

Bicycle accident - Google Video
yea, i have seen that vid many times, and agree, that one is a lot better. yea, you gotta have balls to get on a rocket powered bike, but you gotta have huge balls and be a little nuts to go that fast on a mountain. the dude on the rocket bike had a throttle and could let off. once going down the hill, that guy had no choice of stopping.

Back