This is great...more outsourceing...

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Originally posted by Airjockie@Jan 28 2005, 05:49 PM
It's not going to be a good night at work tonight.... :(

The prez's helicopter is going to be made out of the USA...

and there goes 40 years of job security..... :(
[post=452776]Quoted post[/post]​

that sucks...2 of my uncles who worked for Panasonic lost their jobs due to outsourcing...i'm actually thinking about switching banks because my bank (Washington Mutual) is doing outsourcing.

Originally posted by BodyDroppedNikes@Jan 28 2005, 06:21 PM
:thumbsdown: to outsourcing
[post=452800]Quoted post[/post]​

:withstupid:
just to let you guyz know, i had a surprising call the other day. i called Dell to order my cpu, and actually talked to an american person....atleast they sounded american

Originally posted by adidas_man@Jan 28 2005, 06:37 PM

just to let you guyz know, i had a surprising call the other day. i called Dell to order my cpu, and actually talked to an american person....atleast they sounded american
[post=452812]Quoted post[/post]​

They offer classes in India to teach people how to sound like Americans. So you never really can tell.

Originally posted by Guy+Jan 28 2005, 07:12 PM-->
adidas_man
@Jan 28 2005, 06:37 PM

just to let you guyz know, i had a surprising call the other day.  i called Dell to order my cpu, and actually talked to an american person....atleast they sounded american
[post=452812]Quoted post[/post]​

They offer classes in India to teach people how to sound like Americans. So you never really can tell.
[post=452840]Quoted post[/post]​

lol

:thumbsdown: to:

...New York lawmakers ...Sen. Charles Schumer ... D-N.Y...
[and] Sen. Hillary Clinton ..., D-N.Y., who as first lady who spent time in the current Marine One.

:thumbsup: to:

... a new manufacturing plant to Owego, N.Y., and as many as 750 new jobs...and Lockheed's president, Robert J. Stevens, said his team will being work immediately to set up a secure facility in Owego, and an assembly plant in Amarillo, Texas.

Originally posted by Airjockie@Jan 28 2005, 03:49 PM

I hate outsourcing... next its going to be...

China has manufactured the national satelites for the USA... Imagine if something goes wrong with our security; "1-800- chinaUS, we need you to come fix out satelites so that we can be protected against chinese terrorist coming into the USA"

or

Japan: Japan building our defense weapons, satelites, etc... and then the USA going to war with japan... WTF is going to happen to the USA... *PAUSE THE WAR* we need you to fix our satelites first japan LOL...

This is something we would talk about in our Machining classes two years ago... something that sounds funny as you say it in person but its something that's too scarey if you think about... Outsourcing or shipping our jobs to china was suppose to be a good thing bc we would get equipment, etc... done for cheaper, however, they (china/japan) have been getting more precise on their equipment, making faster CNC's that the USA doesn't even have. They have CNC machines that are going faster than 30,000 RPM whereas the fastest we have is around 30,000 rpm max... So what would this mean? Not only are they cheaper but they can get the parts done faster than we can... Our money through outsourcing was suppose to be made in shipping, hahaa, not only did it not work, its gotten cheaper... $1000 for a container from Japan-to-LA/San Pedro Port...

KEEP JOBS IN THE USA PEEPS!!! (sorry for the long story)

^^^^ Wow, intelligence !

He's absolutely right. I think it's funny, as well, how Police must drive US cars and trucks at all times, yet the highest police authority in the land is flying around in Foreign mechanics.

"Lockheed's winning entry, the US101, is based on a British-Italian AgustaWestland aircraft, now owned by Finmeccanica. The helicopter has several key components, including the main transmission and rotor blades, that will be built overseas. "

Disappointing. Body by Bertone.

-> Steve

look at it this way the airforce will still do the maint on the pres helicopter

Originally posted by hcivic.com@Jan 29 2005, 01:50 AM
look at it this way the airforce will still do the maint on the pres helicopter
[post=453012]Quoted post[/post]​

The Marines...

AirForce one is the Prez's Jumbo Jet or any winged plane that he flies on...

Marine One is any Helicopter that he flies on...

ohh well....

I guess I can't double standerd the guy...I'm an American, but I prefer Japanese cars.... But Still the Prez of the USA should keep to the American made products...MADE IN AMERICA.....and That other company doesn't even have a hanger built yet to build these birds....Sik does.....althought it will bring a lot of Jobs to NY...just like Hillery wanted....it will hurt the CT economy a lot. Now if it was just Lockheed that built it...I wouldn't even have a problem with that either....

I guess that's the way the cookie crumbles :(

How can the USA compete with countries like China that pay there works $0.12 / hr , and with the dollars value falling no one wants to invest in the US bond, pretty soon oil will be denomonated in Euro's then we are really screwed. You can thank Bush for that due to our huge ass fucking debt.

Originally posted by B16RacerN2NR+Jan 28 2005, 06:09 PM-->
Airjockie
@Jan 28 2005, 05:49 PM

that sucks...2 of my uncles who worked for Panasonic lost their jobs due to outsourcing...i'm actually thinking about switching banks because my bank (Washington Mutual) is doing outsourcing.
[post=452787]Quoted post[/post]​

Everybody and their mom is doing outsourcing. Thats why its best to be in the service industry - Accounting, Nursing, Construction, Etc - those things cant be outsorced.

Foreign workers are willing to do twice the job for the the money. It is simple economics and until someone figures out a way to give incentives to companies that do not outsource jobs, they will continue to leave. Blame your good-ole prez Bush for giving tax breaks to companies who outsource.

Originally posted by Cashizslick+Jan 29 2005, 10:31 AM-->
Originally posted by B16RacerN2NR@Jan 28 2005, 06:09 PM
Airjockie
@Jan 28 2005, 05:49 PM

[post=452787]Quoted post[/post]​

Everybody and their mom is doing outsourcing. Thats why its best to be in the service industry - Accounting, Nursing, Construction, Etc - those things cant be outsorced.
[post=453097]Quoted post[/post]​

ackhem... in the 60's 40-60's the USA was letting/bringing filipino female nurses to the USA with their families... Ever wondered why there's a lot of filipina women as nurses? I'll find you the title to the book... I know I have it stashed some where in my library LOL... I have 300+ books in my room GRRR...

Originally posted by CRX-YEM@Jan 29 2005, 09:18 AM
How can the USA compete with countries like China that pay there works $0.12 / hr , and with the dollars value falling no one wants to invest in the US bond, pretty soon oil will be denomonated in Euro's then we are really screwed. You can thank Bush for that due to our huge ass fucking debt.
[post=453066]Quoted post[/post]​

Very true, I was going to go to China last year to get some stuff manufactured up there, i.e. gears for hydraulics. I can get a gear done in china for less than $20 bucks, add $1 shipping from china-to-port of L.A. and it will be $25.00/gear for every container load. The container is $1000 bucks... So if you bring 1000 gears that's $21,000. I could have gotten the gears done cheaper than $20.00... So my thing now is, learning how to use the CNC machine, build up a new part of my business and hire people as it grows... My thing is, I live in the USA, I have to support USA made products the most that I can... Shit, even mitutoyo is getting shit done in china now... you can get their $200+ calipers for $60 now...

Originally posted by One Stop Customs@Jan 29 2005, 04:37 PM
ackhem... in the 60's 40-60's the USA was letting/bringing filipino female nurses to the USA with their families... Ever wondered why there's a lot of filipina women as nurses? I'll find you the title to the book... I know I have it stashed some where in my library LOL... I have 300+ books in my room GRRR...
[post=453153]Quoted post[/post]​

although you are correct...that reason no longer stands...being that i am filipino, a lot of, not all, do it only for the money. a lot of filipino's are very money hungry!!!!! most of them could give a shit about anything else...take my grandpa for example...he's been working for AT&T for about 30 years now, he has $250,000 saved up for retirement, to go along with 1 million peso's in a bank in the PI. he's still working b/c he (in his own words) "wants more money"...how much more money can someone possibly need seeing as how he already has 3 houses in the PI, and owns both his houses in Long Beach, and on top of that he's starting a convalesent (sp?) home with his own money. but like what was stated above, the medical field connot be outsourced. that's why i am putting my girl through school to eventually become a Nurse Practitioner. then all i have to do is take care of the kids, build some motors, and play sports all day!!! :p :p

Originally posted by B16RacerN2NR+Jan 29 2005, 04:49 PM-->
One Stop Customs
@Jan 29 2005, 04:37 PM
[post=453153]Quoted post[/post]​

although you are correct...that reason no longer stands...being that i am filipino, a lot of, not all, do it only for the money. a lot of filipino's are very money hungry!!!!! most of them could give a shit about anything else...take my grandpa for example...he's been working for AT&T for about 30 years now, he has $250,000 saved up for retirement, to go along with 1 million peso's in a bank in the PI. he's still working b/c he (in his own words) "wants more money"...how much more money can someone possibly need seeing as how he already has 3 houses in the PI, and owns both his houses in Long Beach, and on top of that he's starting a convalesent (sp?) home with his own money. but like what was stated above, the medical field connot be outsourced. that's why i am putting my girl through school to eventually become a Nurse Practitioner. then all i have to do is take care of the kids, build some motors, and play sports all day!!! :p :p
[post=453181]Quoted post[/post]​

oh I know about you filipinos LOL... my baby niece is half filipino/mexican... she's a filican LOL
but yes, very true, filipinos are hard working people... Hey, filipinos are just another group of mexicans in my opinion (both are indigenous to their native land + some have spanish in em LOL) all jokes aside... I need a filipina gf LOL...

oh oh oh, I have a book around here about filipinos during the zoot suit era... very interesting... oh well, its some where around here, dunno if you like to read LOL

Originally posted by One Stop Customs@Jan 29 2005, 10:56 PM
oh I know about you filipinos LOL... my baby niece is half filipino/mexican... she's a filican LOL
[post=453273]Quoted post[/post]​

she's a Flipxican? or a Filibean? lol j/p

Originally posted by B16RacerN2NR+Jan 30 2005, 02:20 PM-->
One Stop Customs
@Jan 29 2005, 10:56 PM
[post=453273]Quoted post[/post]​

she's a Flipxican? or a Filibean? lol j/p
[post=453477]Quoted post[/post]​

yeah my sis being the mexican and my bro-inlaw being the filipino lol

:D

Back