This is strange

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Ok guys,

This is really strange. I finished putting my b16 in my 91 CRX Hf and i turn it on (and of course it is idling high, even after it heats up, i still need to fix that), and when i put it into reverse, the idle drops, my battery light goes on, my check engine light comes on, and when i went to check the code, the light just stayed on. It didn't blink... So i put it in first, and it doesn't do the same thing it did when i put it into reverse. It just continues to idle the same way. It only acts wierd when i put it in reverse. I think it could have to do with something i did to the vtec wiring, but i followed the instructions with the hasport subharness. The only thing about when i was doing the wiring was that on two of the wires i had to change for the vtec wiring, hasport never said i would be replacing a wire for that pin, but on my harness i had a wire in that pin spot. DO you think i may have placed the wire in the wrong spot? I am completely lost, and i am so close to being done. ANy help will be appreciated...

Sitll nothing, I checked the wiring, and the wire that goes to C8, the 2nd O2 sensor, had to replace a yellow wire. The hapsort instructions says that only the wires going to the B harness replace existing wires. But on the C harness there are wires in every pin. Is there soemthing wrong with what i did. The C8 wire that replaces the yellow on my harness is a red/white wire
thanks for any help

I had a similar prob with my swap and i found out the i was holding the ECU plug the wrong way when reading the instruction on the HASPORT Install guide
so make sure your holding them right i forgot how you look at the plug
i think the wires on the plug should face away from you when looking at the plug NOT SURE HOPE THIS HELPs

yeah i just rechecked the wiring, did you have to disconnect a reverse light wire on the ecu when you finished your swap. I just read something baout a b11 connection that needs to be removed. That sound familiar. the wriirng appears to be right tho

NO not really i remember they where like 4 wires all for vtec and that second 02 sensor not any reverse light give me the link to where you read this or post it i will tr and help

Did your 2nd O2 sensor wire (the red/white one) replace an existing wire at C8 when you made the swap???

did you remove the all the wires it ask you to for vtec knoock oil press and so on they are remove right

Your supoposed to remove the wire from the plug then install the new vtec TRY that

yeah i just finished rechecking those, they are put in the right place adn they are both in right. I kinda wonder if the reverse light wire may be causing my problem, because it only does that in reverse.

Oh if only you could take pics and post it that would greatly help

Anyway i read what you said about not removing the other wires that where already there.....If i remember correctly i did remove all the wires that where going to be replaced with VTEC no im sure i did 100% do that and ground the black wire from the hasport harness

i am getting my friend to take some pics of the wires, but i definately think that my problem ahs to do wtih the O2 sensor wire or that reverse light wire

no no all the vtec wires like the vtec oil pressure and the knock sensor all wires that you installed there are like 5 or wires with the hasport harness remove the one that where in the plug and replace them not only the 02sensor all of them its a biatch cuz you have to get them out of the plug

I HOPE I DINT CONFUSE YOU

yeah teh knock sensor had and the vtec oil press wire as well as the O2 had wires in the place they had to go. SO i put the new wires where they belonged. But according to hasport, the si to b16 wiring swap, there is no wire at the O2 wire location. In ym hf tho, there was a wire there and i replced it with the o2 wire. Did you have to replace the O2 wire for another wire in your harness too?

Fuck i dont remember i think i did remove a wire where the 2nd O2 sensor was to go not really sure but that dont matter its not the 02 sensor that is causin that unless its in the wrong place

do you think i should just remove that reverse lgith wire then?
just to see if it has an effect? it wouldn't hurt i could just reinsert it if it causes another problem...

ok, i am gonna go out and give it a try give me about 15 minutes, and i will let you know what ahppens,,, thanks man i will be abck

you should think of getting your ECU chipped im about to do that or buy an extra one and chip one of them that way you can remove all those annoying sensors like the 02's and knock oil press and rev limit so on im about to do the same but with thos chip you can put it the modified one and when you want replace it with the original..got it from EBAY look for PR3 CHIPS

k go try it i will be checking for your replys cross your fingers man it always works out

REMEMBER PATIENCE IS THE KEY

Back