This is wierd

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Periculum

I just got the car back from the shop trying to fill the A/C (the compressor is gone so I need a new one) Im not blaming this on them, but now when I press the brake, the door light comes on. Ive checked all the doors and the hatch to make sure something wasnt loose and its all good.
Any idea why the door light of all things would come on when I press the brake?

if your brakes work, slide the switch on your interior light to the 'off' position, instead of the door position. Problem solved.

Or, if I was you, i would take it back to whoever did the AC work, if it wasnt doing it before you brought the car to them, they must have screwed something up.

-Chris

Ok, I think I didnt explain throughly enough. I meant to say the dash light that indicates the door is open. That light comes on every time I press the brake. It is kinda wierd to have a light tell me when Im pressing the brake (shouldnt I already know :) ) The seatbelt light blinks all the time anyway so its nothing new to have my dash lit up.

Apparently the dash light coming on when I was pressing the brake was an indicator that a fuse was out. I replaced the fuse to the horn and the light went away.

So I guess the correct answer was... check your fuses! lol.

Thanks for letting us know. :)

sounds like a fuse or wiring.. I had a problem with my 88 civic hatch.. I press the brake and my back windshield wiper motor start running.. lol i never care to check why but haha im thinking its something with the furse.. or wiring.. i mean what else haha

Well, thank the person that almost ran me over while switching lanes in an intersection. I really needed my horn then. Ironic thing was, I just finished a delivery to an auto parts store.

Back