This just popped in my head.

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

I'm a PC gamer that's cursed with bad decisions when he finally does cave and get a console. :) I snatched up a Dreamcast when they were new and it flopped. I also snatched up a Virtual Boy, too. :p

Originally posted by brian11to1@Dec 16 2004, 02:25 PM
I remember playing that worthog came, sonic or wahtever on SEga... fun times fun times.
[post=433277]Quoted post[/post]​

Hedgehog, mang....Hedgehog.

Originally posted by b204dr+Dec 16 2004, 12:37 PM-->
it was the cornerstone for other game systems -none others came out with modems until later time noticing the growing demand for it - none other had the keyboard feature for the time as stated but now the newer demand - i think if sega was still around they would once again set out for a new benchmark- they were the first to move to cd's even tho sega saturn sucks ( i think it was saturn- or what was the name of the first cd game system)
[post=433208]Quoted post[/post]​

:werd:

Sega was always a bit too early to market with a lot of new stuff when compared to its competitors....

Originally posted by Prowler@Dec 16 2004, 12:59 PM
Calesta, remind me later to check on which burned Dreamcast games I still have. I couldn't sell them all when I auctioned my system on eBay.
[post=433224]Quoted post[/post]​

One of my faves is Soul Calibur too. SC2 on PS2 just rocked though. :) I'll get with you on the games list.

Originally posted by CRVTEC@Dec 16 2004, 02:20 PM
I've still got my Sega Saturn. w00t!
[post=433275]Quoted post[/post]​

I've still got my Sega Master System. I bought that sucker new when I was 8 or something like that. I was already a geek back then- I looked at the games available for the Sega and liked them, then saw the technical specs and sure enough- the chips were faster than the NES and the SMS also had more memory. :)

DarkHand
@Dec 16 2004, 03:37 PM
I'm a PC gamer that's cursed with bad decisions when he finally does cave and get a console. :) I snatched up a Dreamcast when they were new and it flopped. I also snatched up a Virtual Boy, too. :p
[post=433312]Quoted post[/post]​

I bought the DC the day the price dropped to $99... right after Sega announced that they were getting out of the console business. The main reasons for the purchase were:

1. I knew how easy they were to hack
2. There were still a ton of cool games
3. Hardware was excellent
4. Could run Linux on it- boot up a custom CD and make an unhackable web server!
5. Friends had TONS of games

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D

I run Linux on my Dreamcast. Best 15 dollar 128 bit box evar :)

i love my dreamcast. i use it to play all my old nes/gb/sega/snes games.

phantasy star rocks, and crazy taxi was never as good on any other system.

STEVE: you still got that neo-geo? i want. badly.

Originally posted by Blanco+Dec 17 2004, 05:51 AM-->
Actually, the real reason that the DreamCast disappeared was because Sega committed copywrite infrigement. During the last four months of production they installed the chip that would allow the system to play any disc from any manufacturer, including PlayStation titles. Several people at the top of the company went to prison. I don't remember exactly who but I believe the C.E.O. was one of them. Production was halted immediately and now Sega is just a game studio.
[post=433566]Quoted post[/post]​
Are you serious? :eek: That's some crazy shit mann!
Sabz5150
@Dec 17 2004, 03:01 AM
Now the trick is finding the broadband adapter for anything less than my first born child.
[post=433548]Quoted post[/post]​
:lol:

I still have my dreamcast. I figured I wouldn't get shit for it, so I might as well keep it. :)
Some of my favorite games were PSO, Grandia 2, and Crazy Taxi. Good for its time. :thumbsup:

Originally posted by Sabz5150+Dec 17 2004, 01:01 AM-->
Now the trick is finding the broadband adapter for anything less than my first born child.

Yup. But what would you use it for now? Sega.net is down right?

Originally posted by Blanco@Dec 17 2004, 03:51 AM
Actually, the real reason that the DreamCast disappeared was because Sega committed copywrite infrigement. During the last four months of production they installed the chip that would allow the system to play any disc from any manufacturer, including PlayStation titles. Several people at the top of the company went to prison. I don't remember exactly who but I believe the C.E.O. was one of them. Production was halted immediately and now Sega is just a game studio.
[post=433566]Quoted post[/post]​

Seriously?! They didn't change the design in the last few months of production. It was the same. The console can't play any PS games- I've got one from the last batch of systems released. You must be thinking about the Bleem! system.

dveit
@Dec 18 2004, 02:19 AM
Some of my favorite games were PSO, Grandia 2, and Crazy Taxi. Good for its time. :thumbsup:
[post=434053]Quoted post[/post]​

Ooh. I want a copy of Grandia 2!

bleem was the pc port to play ps2 games.

you must be thinking of bleemcast.

Originally posted by Calesta+Dec 18 2004, 11:41 AM-->
@Dec 17 2004, 01:01 AM

Yup. But what would you use it for now? Sega.net is down right?

[post=434103]Quoted post[/post]​

I run Linux on the Dreamcast. It treats it as a 10/100 adapter. I'll be able to access the net and access it through the net.

Originally posted by TurboMirage+Dec 18 2004, 12:24 PM-->
bleem was the pc port to play ps2 games.

you must be thinking of bleemcast.
[post=434149]Quoted post[/post]​

I meant bleem! in the general sense. I have both the PC and DC versions. :)

Originally posted by Sabz5150@Dec 18 2004, 07:17 PM
I run Linux on the Dreamcast. It treats it as a 10/100 adapter. I'll be able to access the net and access it through the net.
[post=434281]Quoted post[/post]​

Of course- but there's no support in the normal gaming world for a DC on broadband anymore right?

YangpaNemsay
@Dec 18 2004, 11:11 PM
Bleem was the shyt back when I my playstations was "hidden", just pop in a ps game and you are good to go.
[post=434333]Quoted post[/post]​

Originally posted by Calesta+Dec 19 2004, 01:12 AM-->
@Dec 18 2004, 07:17 PM
[post=434281]Quoted post[/post]​

Of course- but there's no support in the normal gaming world for a DC on broadband anymore right?

[post=434349]Quoted post[/post]​

Probably not, but I have no need to play online games on my DC. I simply want the thing on my network.

If I could get the adapters for a dime a dozen, I'd be building myself a cluster.

Originally posted by Sabz5150@Dec 19 2004, 03:58 PM
If I could get the adapters for a dime a dozen, I'd be building myself a cluster.
[post=434476]Quoted post[/post]​

That would be badass.

Back