time is sliping

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Donw with the dohc zc swap into a 90 crx si. Got the engine started.... One problem!!! :doh: the timing belt tends to slip out to the edge of the cam gears. How can i fix this problem.

there is a wierd looking washer that should be between the gear on the crank that the timing belt rides on, and the crank pulley.

it keeps the belt from walking, and should fix your problem, if it was left out..

yup it was that washewr thingy alright.... i test drove it. Extremely poor performance. ecu shooting a code 9 still no.1 piston postion. When i drove the car it seems to lose power around 3000 to 4000 rpm. or it just seems like its choking on something. its also drinking gas like water.

Have the timing set with a new water pump. Also have all wiring and ECU looked over by a mechanic. Mine was running the same way with code 9, but once I had the timing set the idle got better. Now I'm Looking for another ECU 'cause the one I bought (PM7) from Hmotors is fried.
~timE

Back