TN or Bust!!!!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Well that's not a "visit" by definition. And if there is only one bed, then it's neither :)

I guess he's flying there to help her drive to his place in TN. I hope the car holds up. Long drive especially in a CRX. I made the drive from Vegas to PA in an accord and that was rough. Can't imagine it now with the price of gas.

are you kidding i :wub: roadtripping in my rex. i've driven 1700 mile trips and loved it at the end as much as the beginning. :shrug2:

with 2 people in the car and 1 persons stuff filling up what ever room is left. Cramped long trips in small overly full cars is no fun. Roadtrip just to drive somewhere without all the excess crap is great, I think they are 2 diffrent things.

with 2 people in the car and 1 persons stuff filling up what ever room is left. Cramped long trips in small overly full cars is no fun. Roadtrip just to drive somewhere without all the excess crap is great, I think they are 2 diffrent things.

i'm not usually one to argue but i want to point out that on more than one occasion i have 'tripped in my rex solo, little/no AC, and so packed in that shifting into 5th or reverse is a damn struggle. and i was still ear to ear. i love blowing by semi trucks, hugging curves, cruising at 4am in pouring rain and 4pm through dallas traffic. it's all good, literally. but you gotta love the road. which i do. :shrug2:

they'll have fun. unless her car is a POS with plywood for a seat.

yeah, my last trip was with my now exwife and a cranky 18month old. bad memories. Ever been stuck in a car in the middle of nowhere with a child who wont stop crying, not my idea of a good time. Sometimes i forget to remember what life was like before having a kid, the freedoms I had.

lol maybe we should set something up for TX in the future, I've never been down that way, it would be cool

yes we should.

i love blowing by semi trucks, hugging curves, cruising at 4am in pouring rain and 4pm through dallas traffic.

4pm through dallas traffic??? who actually likes that?? i sure as hell dont :( a 15 minute drive takes 1 hour +

as long as you have a good back, and rocking tunes, rex road trippin FTMFW!!

i meant the weekend that you guys would be rested by for the party/get together/conception. the 24th and 25 of May. 2008. duh.

scott

as long as the rex has a stock exhaust i could see it being fun

Theres a few exhausts out that don't drone one bit....one of the exhausts being the Apexi Worldsport 2...I never even hear mine till i'm into the throttle and well into vtec...the intake is MUCH louder and its even an AEM cai...

I think it'll be fun. I'm an adventuraous person, so..... I don't mind the cramped space. Most of my car is gonna be full of emergency supplies lol. My mom and grandma went fucking beserk (?) with that shit. They'll be shipping the rest of my stuff down though.

And for the record, this is a "get out and see the world" thing. I'm tired of being stuck in the NW for the majoirty of my life and wanna get out.

And yes, everything on my car is stock. I don't know if I could stand the exhaust humming the whole 2100 miles lol.

And yes, everything on my car is stock. I don't know if I could stand the exhaust humming the whole 2100 miles lol.

I've done this before in my CRX. It's not as fun as you may think after mile 800.

I blew the headgasket and wound up trailering it behind a powerstroke u-haul. It was actually pleasant.

But with the advent of MP3s I would have been better. I had a tape deck.

Ehh, I did it in my old Jeep, NJ to CO. Jeep was filled to with shit. Besides one flat tire in Ohio, it was a good comfortable trip in that. I don't think I could do it in a CRX, it was hell driving down to NC with 2 other people and a baby in the civic, the baby wasn't even fussy, it was just uncomfortable as hell.

And for the record, this is a "get out and see the world" thing. I'm tired of being stuck in the NW for the majoirty of my life and wanna get out.

I have to say, even though I hate some things about where I (and tunercrazed) live, its a beautiful part of the country to live in...lots of mountains and beautiful countryside, friendly people, little to no violence/vandalism/theft....its a pretty nice place to live!

You all will have to come down to the Beach Hut one night in Kingsport, best sno cones evAr!

BTW - props to you for doing the whole moving to the other side of the country thing, i'd never have the balls to do it even though i'd like to live in cali for a little bit.

I have to say, even though I hate some things about where I (and tunercrazed) live, its a beautiful part of the country to live in...lots of mountains and beautiful countryside, friendly people, little to no violence/vandalism/theft....its a pretty nice place to live!

You all will have to come down to the Beach Hut one night in Kingsport, best sno cones evAr!

BTW - props to you for doing the whole moving to the other side of the country thing, i'd never have the balls to do it even though i'd like to live in cali for a little bit.

You forgot about the crazy rednecks and meth labs with tweaking cooks down there.

You forgot about the crazy rednecks and meth labs with tweaking cooks down there.
Eh every city in america has its own set of problems too, nowhere is perfect! Not too many crazy rednecks that i've seen, I could point you in the right direction to where you might run into some, but I don't think you'd want to do that, lol.

thats actually more common to lower alabama, georgia, and very very common in florida.
when i lived in panama city, damn near everybody was iced out of their heads.

but knoxville is very beautiful. lots of scenery.

:wub:you want some nice scenery,go to the very top of VT..its beautiful
especially when your looking through a camera at an EF,on top of a mountain, with the differant colored mountains in the background,and the lake down at the bottom

oooooweeeeee

Back