1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

To buy ... or not to buy...

Discussion in 'General Tech and Maintenance' started by josh_isakson, Jun 8, 2004.

1. josh_isakson

josh_isakson Member

yo guys,

which basic bolt ons should a person put on his integra gsr to gain the most power?

also...

would you rather have a 93 mr2 turbo or a 94 integra gsr if they were running for the same price? thanks guys

i need to beat a sho with true duel exhaust, sticky tires, and an intake... its claiming 14's 1/4 mile with basic bolt ons what do you think?

2. dohch22a4

dohch22a4 Senior Member

I'd get the Integra simply because I'm a Honda purist, but Toyota makes a good car and the SW20 is no exception.

You're going to need more than just bolt-on's to be running 14's in that porky GS-R. The fastest I've seen a GS-R with I/H/E run is a 15.0 and that is exceptional. A solid set of cams would help to put you in the 14's. Or you could be in the 13's with some nitrous if you feel comfortable with it. Zex makes a good kit.

3. josh_isakson

josh_isakson Member

what about the MR2? and if I rebuild just the top end and turbocharge it what would I run? ...

would it be smarter to rebuild the top end NOW, so that when it comes time for me to buy the turbo, its already rebuilt?

4. Citizen_Insane

Citizen_Insane Senior Member

go with the MR2. Lots more speed potential.

5. Smonkeyboy

Smonkeyboy Senior Member

If you are a beginner level driver, the SW20 is a bad idea. You'll wag the tail right off the road. It's a great car, but if you aren't comfortable with gobs of oversteer don't get it.

6. Citizen_Insane

Citizen_Insane Senior Member

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted