to camber or not to camber? and what shocks :)

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

civiclxb16

Ok i am working on my susension. trying to get all my parts together i am about halfway there with what i wanted to do. the car is already lowered when i bought the car. so here is the list of what i wanted to do or get.
rear disc conversion (check)
front camber kit (check)
new shocks because mine are on h and r springs with stock shocks (aka BUMPY and it hurts like hell!)
front sway bar
rear sway bar (check kinda)
tie bars
shock tower bars

ok so that is what i want to get done. what i was wondering is about the rear camber. my lowering springs are h and r so its about 1.3 or 1.5 in the rear but my wheels look pretty staight. i changed out my steelies for some ls mesh rims and i had no tire wear on the inside of the rear tires but i had in the front. so i was wondering should i even bother getting rear camber kit or just leave it as is? also what kind of shocks would you guys get for daily driving? not to pricy maybe 300 bucks for all 4. let me know what you guys think!

Look up the washer trick. It'll safely correct very minor rear camber issues.

If its really -1.5 thats pushing the edge, but its not over it. Hell, it'll corner better and wont eat tires that bad..

*edit.. I would highly reccomend neuspeed sport springs and shocks. Great look, awesome ride. No bone jarring or bottoming out. Firm enough for spirited drives.

Last edited:
when i go home i am going to check to see if it is centered i am not sure what h and r is on the rear lowering but i will check in a min. but again i have no tire wear on the inside at all!

ok i searched on summit for those shocks that will run me 400 bucks just about blowing my suspension budget. i have to be tight but strict on my susension build thats why i said i have only 300 more to spend :( i spent so far
180 front camber
180 rear disc conversion
40 on the rear sway bar
saving 200 for swaybars, tie bars, wheel alignment all that other stuff
so that leaves me with 300 bucks for the shocks and stuff. i mean if i have to i will put more in it but my wife is looking over my sholder to see how much i spend on this setup. trust me she is mad at me about my FC and all i am doing to my civic is finishing my suspension..lol

the KYBs have a lifetime replacement warantee.

No idea about the SK2's...

ok kool i didn't know that now i know and i will mostlikely get those shocks then got to wait on my paycheck first :)

i'm gonna be going with some AGXs as soon as i can afford a new spring/ shock combo.. i'll probably go with some Sportlines

Back