too rice or not too rice

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

webink_EK9

I need to get some winter wheels for my WRX. I've got a set of Bridgestone Blizzak LM-25's but no wheels and I was thinking about these Rota Battles or Rota Tarmacs in gold. Anyway, I know the gold does come on some stock wrx's and STi's but whats your thoughts? I'll probably get the gold battles anyway, but I was just wondering if you guys had any other ideas for winter wheels.

I like them both.

The Rota Battles are nice cause I like 5 spoke & twin 5 spoke rims. The Rota Tarmacs will look best on the WRX though just because... they will.

btw I hate you...

... you and dohcvtec accord.

rotas for a set of winter tires? Why? Chances are they are going to get bent or something like that. Just get good old steelies, and buy nice wheels for the summer

Originally posted by asmallsol@Oct 21 2004, 12:20 AM
rotas for a set of winter tires? Why? Chances are they are going to get bent or something like that. Just get good old steelies, and buy nice wheels for the summer
[post=405494]Quoted post[/post]​

Do WRXs come with any steelies? I think they have the same base 16" rims as the 2.5RS.

Rotas look good I think and it has summer tires and wheels I guess. Rotas aren't too expensive either. Steelies aren't that good looking I don't think. Anyway, I just put up some photos. WRX Photos

And Rev, sorry for pissing you off, but I had to do it! Everyone else is!

Originally posted by webink_EK9@Oct 21 2004, 12:25 AM
WRX Photos
[post=405497]Quoted post[/post]​

I ever mention that I hate you? :p

when did you piss me off? I don't remember shit that goes on on the internet from day to day. :)

Originally posted by revolution8k@Oct 21 2004, 12:51 AM
when did you piss me off? I don't remember shit that goes on on the internet from day to day.  :)
[post=405501]Quoted post[/post]​

Well I must have...you keep telling me that you hate me. :D I wish more people from hs lived in the st louis area. I've got no one to share my cars with.

www.axiswheels.com

DICK_b_car.jpg

Ok, I'm almost about to change my mind...I like those RPF1's. I'd order them in 17x7 or 7.5 with the 48 offset...thats what all the subaru people have told me to go with for size and offset. Those should look good in gold! And no slapping! They're just wheels.

edit: btw-wheres a good place to order them from? haven't seen a price on them yet either.

Originally posted by webink_EK9@Oct 21 2004, 04:15 PM
Ok, I'm almost about to change my mind...I like those RPF1's. I'd order them in 17x7 or 7.5 with the 48 offset...thats what all the subaru people have told me to go with for size and offset. Those should look good in gold! And no slapping! They're just wheels.

edit: btw-wheres a good place to order them from? haven't seen a price on them yet either.
[post=405713]Quoted post[/post]​

WTF are you goind to run a 10lb wheel with winter tires? Save your money and buy those for summer wheels

Or buy two sets if they work out well. It doesn't snow all that much here, but when it does they salt like crazy and that messes up the finish on wheels. I've already got nice winter tires so I need a set of wheels. How much are those anyway?

Originally posted by webink_EK9@Oct 21 2004, 03:34 PM
Or buy two sets if they work out well. It doesn't snow all that much here, but when it does they salt like crazy and that messes up the finish on wheels. I've already got nice winter tires so I need a set of wheels. How much are those anyway?
[post=405725]Quoted post[/post]​

Hit me up on AIM jeffie7 I might beable to get a good deal on them.

www.mynismo.com they have them I know one of the guys that works for them. so I "might" beable to get a better deal on a wheel/tire package

Back