Tool!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

I've seen Tool a handful of times. One of the best bands I've ever seen perform.

welcome to the party... you're 14 years late

jeebus man

Ænima was released in fucking 1996

Lol that was my first thought. Maybe they just got it in Indiana

Friend in college ALWAYS listened to Tool. He had CD's in his bathroom to listen to when he was showering....we would here him blasting it all the way into the living room as we waited for him to wash his ass before we went out to get drunk on a Saturday night.

might i draw your attention to the "Third Eye - Prologue" (start up to track 15) on that very CD you just purchased

YouTube - Rrreal fuckin'high on drugs

the text in the video sucks and is a bit hard to read... so i am pasting it below

I enjoy that track with that bit in it. It's something to think about.

and no, we didn't 'just get it here' UNDR8D. :) Like I said I've listened to em for years, just never really paid too much attention to the beat, guitar and bass tracks until I bought the cd and listened to it off my Zune with earphones. IMO, its the only way to really listen to music and to really appreciate it.

The system in my car is better than in the Windstar, so I hear more with better quality, but when I'm working on some wire runs and the music is going straight into the ears, its really the best.

e whats the guy talking about on the track where hes saying "fucking americans i hope you die..."?

For all you non-Tool listeners, let me provide you with a brief guide to interpreting the cryptic lyrics found in many of Mr. Keenan's works:

a: anal

That's pretty much it. Every Tool song is, in some round about way, really about anal. There is no need to read any deeper into it than that.

Thank you, and I hope this enhances your listening experience.

dan youre late. yes tool is the shit.

favorite albums include Aenima and lateralus.

older stuff is alot heavier and more OG but they are talented non the less.

APC is good, weird but good. I jam tool every day on my ipod

Message to Harry Manback

[words in brackets unclear]

Figlio di puttana, sai che tu sei un pezzo di merda? (1)
Hm? You think you're cool, right? Hm? Hm?
When you kicked out people [out of] your house
I tell you this, one of three Americans die of cancer,
you know? Asshole. You're gonna be one of those.
I [don't have the] courage
to kick your ass directly.
Don't have enough courage for that,
I could, you know.
You know you're gonna have another accident?
You know I'm involved with black magic?
Fuck you. Die. Bastard.
You think you're so cool, hm? Asshole.
And if I ever see your fucking face around,
In Europe or Italy,
Well I'll -- That time I'm gonna kick your ass.
Fuck you. Fucking Americans, Yankee.
You're gonna die outta cancer, I promise.
[Bang bang / Deep pain]
No one does what you did to me.
You wanna know something? Fuck you.
I want your balls smashed, eat shit. Bastard.
Pezzo di merda, figlio di puttana. (2)
I hope somebody in your family dies soon.
Crepa, pezzo di merda, e vai
a sucare cazzi su un aereo! (3)

(1) Son of a bitch, do you know you are a piece of shit?
(2) Piece of shit, son of a bitch.
(3) Die, piece of shit, and go suck dicks on a plane!

and from the FAQ page on the official unofficial Tool site:

Is "Message to Harry Manback" an actual phone message?
Yep, someone left someone a threat. Yes, they actually meant it as a threat. So no, it wasn't concocted by the band. (Though the piano part was obviously added in to make it sound more like a love poem).​
OK, so who was that message for? Who is Harry Manback?
Danny had this to say about it in some interview: "Message to Harry Manback is a recording of the words of an uninvited Italian guest who came to Maynard's house one day. A so-called friend of a friend of a friend of Harry's .... Before we finally managed to figure out that nobody really knew him, he had already emptied the fridge and run up a huge phone bill. He got kicked out of the house."
Harry Manback is a pseudonym for the real recipient of the message, presumably a past roommate of Maynard's: Hotsy Menshot of Green Jello.

the song after that is awesome.

''i'm the man and your the man and he's the man as well so you can point(?) that fu&*ing finger up your ass!''

that song is deep

yup. I turned it on on my home that day and cranked it up.

that songs is for the haters :)

So I went out and bought Lateralus this afternoon. :ph34r:

Since I had 10 bucks in free shit from Best Buy (reward zone points), I got Rage Against the Machine's Battle of Los Angeles too. :D

No im not talking about the awesome super mod b16... i recently purchased tool's cd Aenima after having listened to them on the radio for years and never buying anything. Ive gotta say i should have bought it sooner, this has got to be one of my new favorite cds of all time. stinkfist, h., 46 and 2, and aenima are all great songs that i never really knew the names to until i bought this cd. are the rest of their cds as good as this one?

i like Aenima.
besides sober, most of the earlier stuff is kinda lame.
after Aenima, the rest of their stuff is just out there.... doesn't really do it for me.

another side project that no one metioned was Ashes Divide. good stuff in here with various tool/APC members.

Last edited:
Well I downloaded all three of Puscifer's albums and thus far am digging it. "C" Is for (Please Insert Sophomoric Genitalia Reference HERE) is on the Zune marketplace. The one time Microsoft actually has the leg up on someone!

Going to see if I can find Ashes Divide as well. Rage is a great choice as well.

Lateralus seems to be more on the mellow side of things than Aenima is. Can't say whether I like it as much as Aenima, cause there are more radio-play songs on Aenima than from Lateralus, but I'll have to listen to it more to really make my opinion.

Lateralus seems to be more on the mellow side of things than Aenima is. Can't say whether I like it as much as Aenima, cause there are more radio-play songs on Aenima than from Lateralus, but I'll have to listen to it more to really make my opinion.

the actual song Lateralus is my favorite in the album. Tool gets even more mellow with the 10,000 days album.

there are a few good songs in Salival album.

you lied is kind of mesmerizing
pushit is cool too.

hey awps, whats he talking about in the track "die eier von satan" on aenima?

online translators suck, they only do half the words.

Back