Torque Motor

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

A LS for your generation is going to be within a few hundred bucks of a B16A2 which would run about $23-$2500 and $3300 for a B18C1 + shipping.

ok could the b18c1 be very likely to add turbo if i really wanted? would it take a lot of tuning? and is the c1's power really worth the cost?

Originally posted by Dman1100@Apr 2 2003, 02:03 AM
ok could the b18c1 be very likely to add turbo if i really wanted? would it take a lot of tuning? and is the c1's power really worth the cost?

B18C1 is fine for boost and it can be tuned for it pretty easily.And as far as the power goes,well you're going to find some people that swear by this and that,but yes it is good for the price since it is,IMO,the perfect middle ground between N/A and boostability.

i don't know if i want "middleground" I want either NA or boost so that i have the most potential for whatever setup i go with

Middle ground meaning it is good for both applications either way.All motor,no problem,boost,no problem.IMO it is better for boost than the LS,and is cheap enough to beat out the ITR all motor,which is about $1200 more.

i see what you are saying now. another thing is the throttle body in about the same position as a d series or will i have to buy a new intake for it?

Depends,you will have to do some fitting,especially if you get the GSR,because the IM rolls down instead of up like the others.

whats the best website to get a full package with motor tranny axles and all that good stuff?

you can get a b16a1.. its a grand less than the b16a2...the only difference is the a1 has 10 less hp..and the transmission you get is cable, not hydrolic. the torque is the same 116 ft/lbs... put a turbo on it and you'll go fast
you get:
axels
ecu
trans
motor

$1599 www.streetimports.com

Originally posted by dickman_jason1 Posted on Apr 4 2003+ 04:10 AM -->
dickman_jason1 Posted on Apr 4 2003 @ 04:10 AM ) said:
That is a rip since they go for $1100-$1200 complete swaps

Originally posted by dickman_jason1 Posted on Apr 4 2003@ 04:10 AM
the torque is the same 116 ft/lbs...

No they are not,the 1st gen is 111 ft lbs

dickman_jason1 Posted on Apr 4 2003
@ 04:10 AM
the only difference is the a1 has 10 less hp..and the transmission you get is cable, not hydrolic.

Hardly,the OBD is completely different,the compression is lower,the hydrAUlic clutch all of these would have to be replaced for it to work in a 6th gen civic,and wind up costing the same or more than just getting the right motor first.

Originally posted by 92b16vx+Apr 3 2003, 10:22 PM-->

That is a rip since they go for $1100-$1200 complete swaps

the torque is the same 116 ft/lbs...

No they are not,the 1st gen is 111 ft lbs

dickman_jason1 Posted on Apr 4 2003
@ 04:10 AM
the only difference is the a1 has 10 less hp..and the transmission you get is cable, not hydrolic.

Hardly,the OBD is completely different,the compression is lower,the hydrAUlic clutch all of these would have to be replaced for it to work in a 6th gen civic,and wind up costing the same or more than just getting the right motor first.

:withstupid:
the ONLY time its a good idea to get a 1st gen B16 is if you have an OBD-0 car with a cable tranny otherwise you will end up spending more money than if you bought the right engine in the first place ... not to mention the wiring/sensor nightmare you are going to have to deal with to get it all to work correctly

Originally posted by dickman_jason1@Apr 3 2003, 10:10 PM
you can get a b16a1.. its a grand less than the b16a2...the only difference is the a1 has 10 less hp..and the transmission you get is cable, not hydrolic. the torque is the same 116 ft/lbs... put a turbo on it and you'll go fast
you get:
axels
ecu
trans
motor

and then you have problems with the OBD...and who the fuck wants a cable tranny when u can have hydrolic

Originally posted by New2TheCarScene+Apr 3 2003, 10:30 PM-->
dickman_jason1
@Apr 3 2003, 10:10 PM
you get:
axels
ecu
trans
motor

and then you have problems with the OBD...and who the fuck wants a cable tranny when u can have hydrolic

:(

Sorry I didn't read to the end of the thread and I pointed out the obvious that was already pointed out twice :ph34r:

This isn't complete list, but it gives you the jist...

h22 swap
mounts from hasport (get the 2nd gen, they are better)
lude shifter box/cables
axles

You might have to do some moving around to get it in there. I think one members pics shows his bumper off and some plastic shit on the passenger side removed. I dont remember exactly.

I'm sure i'm missing some shit.

Also, its 80 or so lbs heavier than a b-series and the b-series is 60-70 lbs heavier than a d-series. So the added weight, you will suffer in handling, but stiffen up the suspension and learn to drive it.

If your still interested in the H22 swap let me know what other questions you have. You may also wanna check out www.h22a.org

The forums there are all H22 talk...wonderful...

Its my home away from home.

:worthy: H22

Back