Toyota futbol

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

personal experience? heh. as i said before, the build quality of a wrx isnt that amazing. the sheet metal is extremely thin, and the suspension components are small and thin as well. my STOCK front and rear control arms are thicker, and more solid than a wrx. the sheet metal on the mirage is thicker, and despite having a small motor and lack of awd, STILL weighs in at over 1k lbs less. now mind you, the mirage is only smaller than a wrx by a few measly inches all the way around. my mirage had way more sound dampening material in it than a wrx does. i know this because i have done a full dynamat install in a wrx, as well as my mirage. my mirage doesnt make half, HALF the noises as a wrx does. the mirage also has less dynamat and padding in the quarterpanels.

the axles... wow. tiny. mirage axles are bigger than B series axles. my tranny has been through 40K worth of hi-rev clutch side-steps, hard shifting, and upper rev downshifting, with no ill effects on the tranny or the LSD. only thing in there is my upgraded clutch and 4g DOHC LSD. mind you my transmission has OVER 180K on it, and the 3 inch stack of reciepts the car came with from the original owner states the clutch was replaced once, but never the tranny or the axles. the block is also a very heavy thick iron. no coolant jackets like a honda motor, just coolant paths.

im basing all my experiences on a friends MINT CONDITION PRISTINE 02 bug-eye. i personally have done alot of work on this car. it will not be a car that i will own, even if given to me. note the motor is stock except for a vishnu up and down pipe. i believe it has 25k on it. it has never been in an accident.

the noise statements arent just for his wrx, its for wrx's in general. ive ridden in/driven plenty.

if you want a shitty econobox, buy a 5g mirage. everything is plastic.

Here's the problem I'm having here, if everything is thicker, how is your car lighter? It doesn't add up. The mirage sure wasn't using state of the art racing materials that were composites that were lighter and stronger than cars that are now 10-15years newer than it.

And yes, the AWD system in the car weighs quite a bit.

A lot of what you say I believe to be just hailing the car because you own one. I've seen plenty of negative reviews on the car and the entire mitsubishi line up. Don't forget, I was 2 steps away from buying a 2nd generation talon tsi awd in my long two year stint of shopping for cars.

Sure I've heard some negative things about the WRX but no where near as much as the mirage. Reputation says a lot about a car and as we all know since Mitsu produced their last series of subpar cars they've been putting themselves out of business.

Just like everyone else on this board, I don't understand the grandeaur that you see in your car. You sound as if you're driving a luxury rally car that has it all, when in reality its a $16,000 car that was targeted at the same market as the Honda Civic - obviously not performance cars or anything more than something meant to be a good "commuter" car and get good gas mileage.

///end rant.

P.S.
B, I could've told you before you bought your STi that it would be a bad idea for you. I believe it to be a great car and good at what its supposed to do, but wasn't anything near what you were looking for.

You're not going to find the car that you want in your price range, as you said. Even when you do find the car you want, its not going to be up to your standards. Luxury breaks down far more than econoboxes and after the first time it breaks down you're going to think its a piece of shit. Lexus had the highest amount of work done on their cars, two years ago, and the rest of the luxury brands occupied the top of the segment as well.

When things become complicated, they break far more easily because of the intricacy involved.

I know many people that own VW's/Audi's and I love the way that they feel and drive, but they have all needed a lot of maintenance and repair work done to them - exactly the kind of stuff you despise. You're going to have to make a compromise if you buy a car like that.

your old 240 was a shit box, because it was a $500 car to begin with. Matter of attitude there. My CRX was a $200 shitbox when I got it too. Had I not done anything with to improve it, it would be a shitbox to this day.

Life isn't about getting what you want, it's about wanting what you have.

The SVX was a GT car. It wasn't a lightweight flickable car. It was a high end style car. The understanding (or lack thereof) of what a GT car is is why people generally hate Supras.

It's all about what you're looking for.

i dont know where the extra or lack of sheetmetal comes into play, but i do know my panels are thicker.

personally, i dont know what i like about the mirage either. i actually wanted a true blue 4g sedan, but could never find one. hence why im turning it into the car i want. and no the mirage doesnt have it all :p it DOES come with power steering and A/C, though, both of which i have ripped out! it has a stock (but cheezy) LSD.

just as everyone else knows, you have to maintain mostly all DSM's meticulously. i do agree with you on the fact that mitsubishi offers sub-par cars. i find no good news about the newer EVO's, except they are pigs and barely outperform (alot of reviews say the older evo's easily outperform) the older counterparts.

as time progresses, my car will be receiving the evolution suspension, and awd. its more or less bolt in minus welding in the rear trank pan.

Quoted post[/post]]
For bullet proof cars:
1970-1986 Celica and even some beyond
2nd gen Supra
1st gen MR2
every Corolla ever made
4th gen Supras
1980-1986 Subarus, with exceptions in the Loyales (Up to 93)
1984-1991 Hondas
1988- 240SXs
The lists go on :)

I killed 3 77 celicas....

I have personnaly replaced more parts on a friends 1st gen MR2 than I have done work on any of my own vehicles

I have owned an 85 corolla..... biggest piece of shitbox EVER!

84-91 hondas.... maybe in the mid 90s this would be right, but age is catching up way to quickly with these things now, and even though miles dont count, years do.

1988 240sx :blink: .... cmon man.... the first year was 89.

Lets do it with Fiero's...I know a place in CT where there are a lot of Fiero's...and maybe if enough of us show up...we can sneak them away from their owners and go play some ball..... :ph34r:

Quoted post[/post]]
Lets do it with Fiero's...I know a place in CT where there are a lot of Fiero's...and maybe if enough of us show up...we can sneak them away from their owners and go play some ball..... :ph34r:

yeah then nobody would care!

FOUL!!!!!!!!!!!
in futbol (soccer) no player other than the goalie can intentionally contact the ball with the hand or arm while the ball is in play
penalty for this is a direct kick (A direct free kick is a place kick from which a goal can be scored. The kicker must not play it again until it has been played by another player. All opponents must be at least 10 yards away.)

Back