TPS help

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Hey, i was trying to test and adjust my TPS...it was still connected to the harness and i set it down. I think i bumped it against the throttle body and it broke. Now my CEL is on and my car runs a lil rougher my air/fuel ratio gauge also doesnt work/isnt accurate. It was running a lil better a few days later, but the CEL was still on. My idle doesnt surge anymore, should i pull the ECU backup fuse, and try to reset the code? My idle is also at 1500 RPM..should i adjust the idle screw to fix that?

did you replace the TPS? when i got my engine it was broken already so i didn't change it when i started my car it idled at 2000 rpms and when i changed it the idle went down to 600 rpms so i think you need to change the tps still and then you should be good from there. if you changed it then yes i would pull the ecu back up fuse and then see if you get any codes from there

nah..i didnt change it, i was just testing the voltage on it. But like i said, i think it banged against the throttle body or somethin while i was taking it off. right now it idles at 1500 rpm and it boggs when im acceleratin under 2500 RPM. so should i just get a new one? I pulled the backup fused and adjusted the idle screw, still nothing.

from honda, you can't directly order just a TPS, when you "bumped" or "knocked" it, did anything physically break off?

were you rotating the thing and measuring the voltage at the ECU?

when i knocked it...nothing physically broke. I was rotating it, and measuring the wires at the TPS harness. I just needed to stick a voltmeter into the middle wire i think it was. Well, now it idles at 1500 RPM...and it runs a lil crappier. I'll have to order it from Honda huh? Well thats probably going to cost an arm..my friend works at the Honda dealer and gets a 40% discount though.

the issue is, you'll have to buy the whole throttle body assembly. they will not just sell the TPS. i would recheck it... if you click on my webpage in my sig, there is a how-to adjust a tps.

Back