TPS sales

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

93preludesivtec

I've tried two different TPS sensors in my h22a swap and both are screwy and bounce around throttle percentages. This makes my car sort of hicup (backfire) or jerk when attemping to maintain a cretain speed. Is there anywhere I can get a new TPS without buying the 600$ TB at Honda?
Thanx

i have THE EXACT problem... my car "sputters" at a cruising or specific RPM. Ever dawn on you that it may not be the TPS sensor if you've tried two different ones. I just did a complete tune up... (plugs, wires, cap, rotor) and it didnt help. Lets work this out.

hey guys

just wanted to join the club of fucked up h22 swaps
lmao

we did a 93 accord with 2001 h22 and are having the SAME FUCKING problem
lmao

i've come to the conclusion that the cause is the TPS, but I don't have another to try it on...

we have gone through wiring diags, vacuum diags, egr, iac, thermal idle control valve... and nothing has solved my problems

if you haven;t done the above steps you should start there, especially with the iac, egr, and thermal control valve...

let me know if you guys figure anything out and i will do the same...

and GOOD CALL on the motorcycle TPS, you're the man...

derek i think your sputtering like that cause you are running a straight pipe. try getting a cat on there or a high flow one and see if it helps.

Originally posted by reckedracing@Mar 11 2004, 01:30 PM
we did a 93 accord with 2001 h22 and are having the SAME FUCKING problem
lmao

i've come to the conclusion that the cause is the TPS, but I don't have another to try it on...

An OBD2 (2001) H22 will look for 2 O2 sensors, while the OBD1 car is only equipped with one. Do you have both connected?

isn't it the ecu that looks for the o2 sensors and not the motor?

and the motor was changed over to obd 1

CBR 600???? Never heard that but that would be awsome. I'm 100% sure it is the tps because I watch the throttle percentage reading on my VAFC and whenever my car sputters (ex-no throttle cruising down rpms from like 4500 down to a stop) the VAFC will read a fraction of a percent, up to three when my foot isn't even on the pedal--then my car pops a little. I have a straight pipe as well but I had the problem when I had my cat too. I will look into the cbr 600 thing.

:crosses fingers: Mine has never done that. My idle control valve does blip the throttle slightly right as it returns to idle, but I believe that to be normal. I feel pretty lucky that my TPS, distributor, and most other sensors have not given me any problems. However, my knock sensor is shit, and kicks a code about every two weeks. I re-ran the whole wire and soldered every connection with the same effect. Knock sensors are not serviceable, and they're expensive. :(

Originally posted by reckedracing@Mar 11 2004, 03:49 PM
isn't it the ecu that looks for the o2 sensors and not the motor?

and the motor was changed over to obd 1

Well yeah, if you're running an OBD1 ECU, it won't be looking for the second O2 sensor.

so any other ideas besides second o2 sensor?

anyone know alot about these tps deals?
why they go bad? or what they do if they go bad?

its rather odd that so many people have the same problem and i dunno about you guys but i'm going nuts trying to figure this out

this is the ONLY thing wrong with the accord and it pisses me off, out of every piece of shit swap i've done and been able to figure out, this one takes the cake...
it was so simple too, just this one little glitch...

damn... shit... THAT IS WACK...

i had the same problem a long time ago, thing is i cant remember what i did to fix it. ill come back once i remember :lol:

well i went under my girlfriends hood (94 civic ex) and got a reading from the TPS sensor while the car was running at idle, .46 volts. so i went under the hood of my car and set my tps so the voltage was .46 volts. same thing.
it makes perfect sense for the problem to be oxygen sensors. the best way i can describe it is that it feels like the cylinders slowly become overloaded with fuel.
as you press the gas, the car then then bogs until a certain throttle position and then takes off again.
its really weird. but my oxygen sensors are in the wrond place for my pr3 ecu and maybe the ecu is leaning/richening a pair of cylinders out to try and get a reading from them. and furthermore, the car only "bogs" like this when it is warm. or in closed loop (using oxygen sensors). it does not do this in open loop (when the car is cold).

but i'm converting to obd1 in a few weeks so we'll see how everything pans out then since that setup only uses 1 oxygen sensor.

my tps was broken on my swap when i received it, so being that i didnt have ther money for a whole new throttle body i asked around and i was told u can use the one from the f22b1 which i had in the car before so i did and everything works fine...hope that helps

Back