Traffic Ticket Issue

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Havok

On Saturday, going to work, I did a rolling stop at an intersection in which there were no cars within at least 1/4 mile in any direction. Anywho, I get pulled over, and issued a ticket for running a stop sign. I carefully look over all the information on the ticket, and I notice one thing wrong: It says my Driver's License Class is E. About 2 years ago, I got a Class D license, which allows me to carry up to 15 passengers in a vehicle that is more than 8000 lbs or some shit, I can't remember. So, the ticket says "E", but I have a "D" license. Would this be enough to justify it being thrown out, or would it need to be something more, I.E. wrong race, wrong sex, wrong address of violation, etc? I will check more into it tomorrow, but for now, I figured someone might know on here.

i doubt it, i had a ticket where the officer wrote the wrong date and nothing happened from that

Contact a lawyer and ask, just don't do a rolling "stop" next time.

(like I need to be talking)

That happen to me, I had to pay 85 fucking dollars..It was on a country road, no cars in sight

Well there obviously was a car within a 1/4 mile. :mrgreen:

I'd just call your lawyer and see what's up.

You can try a lawyer. but, buttom line, you broke the law.

If you want you could ask the judge if it's ok to let you off becuase you didnt see anyone coming before you ran the stop sign.

The lawyer MIGHT beable to get you off for the wrong DL info but. for the most part that never works. The judge might ask for your paper work then write down next to the error the correct letter. then hand it back and say. ok now it's fixed. pay the ticket.

It'll cost more than the ticket to get a lawyer to sneeze on it.

Hang your head in shame and pay the ticket. Pay the state, biatch!!

And you rolled through a stop sign... not a "rolling stop" That just sounds ignat.

I've been blasting through stop signs lately, safely, of course.. I ALWAYS make sure I can see for days in each direction. Why would anyone fly through stop signs and completely ignore their existance?? Because I drive the world's slowest honda. The Civic CX. I blow signs because it'll take 2 days to get back up to the speed limit.

... um.... the end.

dont pay that shit.. haha.. if youre in cali, do what i did.

first you argue the ticket through writing. wait like a few days before its actually do because i think they give you like 1 month or something. then itll probably be denied and then you;ll have to pay the fine. front up the bill and then go to court. cross ur crooked fingers the cop doesnt show up because that he might have forgotten because itll been like 3 months or so since the incident. if he doesnt show up, then u win =). if he does, ask for reduced fine and traffic school. if only one opt. go for the later, better have less pts on insurance then save like 30 bucks upfront.

good luck.

There's a lawyer here in the SoCal area called Mr. Ticket. the law firm or whatever just deals with tickets. i know a guy that has had like 3 thrown out by them. you gotta pay like 2-300 depending what it is, but even if it's a little more than the fine on the ticket, atleast you don't have points on your record

if anything, the class D is higher than the class E, so all the rules from class E apply to class D.

pay it, stop whining, drive better. E does this rolling through shit all the time and it pisses me off. STOP for christs sake

Quoted post[/post]]
if anything, the class D is higher than the class E, so all the rules from class E apply to class D.

pay it, stop whining, drive better. E does this rolling through shit all the time and it pisses me off. STOP for christs sake
You don't like rolling stops or butter?!
What's wrong with you? :p

Quoted post[/post]]

Wouldn't it be funny if the rolling stops were why E gets 65 mpg, and not 55 mpg ?

Rolling stops are following the law to the letter, instead of to the concept. And following something to it's concept, is a sign of confidence and experience.

:)

-> Steve

That said, I stop at most signs. If there is anything blind around me at all, I'll stop. I'm also from New Hampshire, where people make FAMOUSLY short left-hand turns onto roads.

dont get me wrong. i don't come to a COMPLETE stop if i don't have to... but i won't blast through at 10 mph either... i just won't let it come to a complete stop

That's what I consider a rolling stop...It was slow enough for me to downshift smoothly into 1st gear...I was going 4 MPH TOPS.

how the fuck did this turn into a thread about my driving habits?????
you guys really wanna see B get all pissed off? ask him about my turn signals :p

WHAT turn signals? do your cars even have them? lol

Quoted post[/post]]
Does that thing where you pay like 10 dollars extra, and then rip up the refund work? I'm always wondering about it.

I tried it.. I had the money order done for $3.00 too much. They took it. I think I bought the secretary a dollar menu lunch that day. I never saw any "refund" check. And the ticket is on my record.

40+ tickets.. 3 on record.. one dropping off this month. I r teh court wrangler.

Back