Tranny blown or clutch?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

those ratchets suck. get a craftsman and only pay for it once :)

why did you pop the axles out of the hubs though? ive always dropped trannies with the axles in the hub...

those ratchets suck. get a craftsman and only pay for it once :)

Although I am a huge fan of craftsman.. Their ratchets plain suck. I'm always breaking them.. It was to the point that I would walk in the door at sears and the guy would say "another ratchet?" while he was pulling out his "replacement" book. (they have to track the stuff)

Believe it or not, a very good ratchet can be found at Auto-zone. "Great Neck" or something. Same guarantee as craftsman, and its tough as nails. I've been through 3 craftsmen 3/8ths ratchets in the time I've owned one great neck. And I use the great neck way more than the craftsmen ratchets. Still going strong. I purchased another and now only use great neck ratchets. (unless I cant find either one, which is often)

Trust me on this. Auto-zone tools generally suck. But they make great ratchets.

Just try one.

i have great neck wrenches. very nice :)

but i have broken so many ratchets id rather drive to sears which is 10 minutes away and get it replaced for free. then again i will put a 3ft breaker bar on a 3/8 drive ratchet :)

I hear ya, I have been through about 4 of the 3/8 teardrop handle craftsmen's. The internals just wear out. I had the same experience with walking into Sear's too. Walk in hand them the ratchet, and they just pull one from under the counter! and hand it to me.

just an up date, I got the trans out about an hour ago lol here are some pics

Transmission is out
IMG_1375Medium.jpg

IMG_1372Medium.jpg

The clutch looks pissed
IMG_1374Medium.jpg

Engine bay with no Transmission
IMG_1373Medium.jpg

Back