tranny grinds gears (synchro problems)

What have you guys used has a temp or permanant fix for synchro problems?

• 2. gm synchromesh

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 3. red line tranny fluid

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

I have seen peeps use the redline stuff and had no problems, I always used the MTF from honda simply because "a lot" of repectable tuners use them only, so I took their word for it and have never had problems, shit I even bought a tranny from a guy that told me that the tranny he was selling grinds a little goign into 5th on had accelaeration, and i used MTF with it and had no problems what so ever.

Like I posted before and what B said, the problem starts with drivers shifting way to hard.

Seen people do it, seen plenty of problems with it.

Best of luck with your lubrication selection for your transmission.

Originally posted by kingmarc63@Dec 3 2003, 08:08 PM
xyswany, are u going put the synchros in my tranny when i buy them... fucktard???
do you know how costly it is to replace those, i might has well get a new tranny...

actually, its not that costly if you do it yourself. i replaced my 1st/2nd syncro set and eliminated the grinds. parts came to $400

soooo...$400 vs ~$1000 isnt that bad

plus, you get to do the work yourself.

edit: gm syncromesh did not get rid of grinds in my tranny, but it did make shifts much much smoother. i switched from syncromesh to honda mtf and imediately noticed a difference.

if i am going to spend $400 on parts to replace my syncros myself, i might as well sell my old tranny for $300 and buy another tranny (lsd ) for $700
just a thought
:roll: :roll:

Back