Tranny problems

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

b16civic

alright i just got done swapping motors in my 94 civic coupe. i just put a motor in it with 80000 miles on it. i figured whille i had the motor out i would put a new clutch in it. well i ordered and exedy stage 2 clutch and a fidanza 7 pound flywheel off ebay. once i got the motor done it ran great. i could roll down the road at 20 and smash the gas and instancly roll the tires off and then burn 2nd off. now i was driving it and had just got done burnen 1st and 2nd and i went down the road about a mile and the clutch just quit. it would grab every once in a while but it would only last for about 5 seconds and stop. now it just makes a little grinding noise. also after i connected the motor to the tranny i could turn the motor over if the tranny was in gear.but if it was in gear i couldnt push the car. and if u pushed it in gear and pushed the clutch in it would move. i think it is in the clutch but am not entirely sure so if anyone has any ideas please let me know.

with the clutch pushed in atleast i could after swap i havent tried it since it broke i towed it home and put it in my garage and since its -20 right now im not to ready to work on it but after i swapped it it wouldnt move in gear with the clutch out and it would move with it in

well if it wont move unless the clutch is pressed in thats a good thing

no i have to push the clutch in to start it but i can let the clutchout and it will sit there. it grabs about every 15 time i let it out and only for like 5 seconds

well in that case it sounds like your clutch is shot, did you give it time to break in or did you just floor it, but to make sure pull it apart and have a look

well thats why i say pull it apart and have a look it might just be something out of wack,trow out bearing. mabe but if all is good it might be new tranny time, when it pulls does it seem to pop out and make a grinding noise. you realy should give it time to break in the next time

yeah the last time it did it it sounded like it popped out, it only grinds every once in a whileit was doin it in nuetral as well as 1st though. and im just gonna be easy on it next time

Back