Tranny ????

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

REDMAC

Trick or treat
I drive a 94 Del Sol Si and need to replace my tranny.

1st question - Will any D series tranny bolt directly in?

2nd question - The Tranny reference section shows that a Civic Ex has the same tranny. I find people selling S20 tranny for both the Ex, Cx and Dx Civics. Before I buy how can I tell differnce from EX, CX, and the DX?

I don't what the longer tranny gears and would prefer to stay with the gears currently in the Del Sol. Problem is I don't know how to tell difference in the tranny if they are all an S20. And some people are less than honest about such things.

Im pretty sure any d series trans will bolt on to the block Im not sure on how to tell them apart though If you buy from a resectible place though they should shoot u stright

is that what was wrong with ur car from that last post when i did my trans I repalced my flywheel and my clutch just to make sure everything was fresh.you could also go with some upgrades if u want

The only thing I did the other day was replace the motor mount. That showed me no love. I talked to a trans guy he said without looking at it sounds like forts are bent or syncroes are needing replaced.

So I gave up and started searching for another trans(cheapest route). I think I've found one for around $100 and still need to replace the clutch(no sense in putting used one back in).

Not sure about doing upgrades right now as I was hoping to get swap done this summer and money tight with X-mas.

Since I am having to spend money on this concidering jut going with stage 2 or 3 clutch. Then find SOHC block and build a boost beast.
1st I'll need to research build cost. If fits current budget will probably just go that route for now. Then sell car and start over. If I do this its going ot be a K24/K20 built for boost.
I CANT GET THE K OUT OF MY HEAD!!!!:rolleyes:

Oh ya I forgot....

I found a way to tell difference in different S20 trannys..(ILOVETODRIVE on another forum helped me out) Thanks BRO.....

Next to were passenger axle connects to trans. There's a stamp P20/A0000 for smaller trans found in Cx, dx etc and P20/B000 for the Civic EX and SOL's SI trans..

I try not to trust anybody when buying used item and sometimes new. People make mistakes and some are just dishonest. I can't and don't want to afford these mistakes.

Back