transmission

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

gottagetfaster

i have a 97 honda accord non vtec 4 cyl. 5spd
My clutch went out on me and since i changed the clutch everytime i shift to second i get a very loud scratching noise. I can shift to second sometimes but most of the time i can't get into second. i thought it was my throwout bearings but when i changed it i get the same problem. I have heard something about a sync that could be going bad. I could use some help on this one thanks. :unsure:

My $ is on a bent shift fork.....either way the tranny has to come apart.

The same thing was happening with my other car. It's the 1-2 synchro. Thry this easy fix first: Replace your transmission fluid with Redline MTL (there are two grades, check your owner's manual for the correct grade). Change and allow it to circulate around the tranny for a day or two. Check the level again after a few miles. My problem went away for good. It's worth the try, since even at $8/bottle, it's much cheaper than opening up the tranny. Your mileage may vary. Hope this helps.

syncros dude. I have the same problem on my rex with 3rd gear (B16A tranny) only in high revs or quick shifts though. Some HS members recommended GM syncro mesh to help with the grinding. Go ahead and give it try.

Back