Tuned my B16 last night, 174whp 116tq! :)

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

hahahahaha, you'll love this. i got mine from modacar :D . idk where to get one dirt cheap tho. i got the "skunk2", not that it even matters... Tsomthing airplane grade metal, but nothing else in my exhaust is, so what's the big deal..? lol

w/ something so non mechanical and simple, i'd actually go look on ebay....mine cost 120 at the time. that's a complete rip off but i didnt care. the rest of my exhaust excluding headers cost 150. lol. modacar sells em of course, inlinefour.com's a great site, 100 for an omni power there.

o yeah and along the same lines as a gutted cat, i'd stear clear from the telescoping type version of a TP. seriously, they make adjustable ones....something just screams retarded. i dont think i even need to state why that would be a bad idea

haha, i had no idea, adjustable test pipes.. :p ebay would be a good option. will any honda test pipe fit? i'm not sure what length i need and i don't feel like getting under the car today. :)

oh snap. um, well when i bought mine, i got it for an '00 civic coupe, which is what i have. i think the main issue is the orientation of the bolts on either end, cuz most cats are the same length/size. like i said before, i have the "mufflerman" exhaust, the mexican made special. because you have that and not a regular exhaust i cant be for certian they didnt do any funky stuff when they welded it up. sometimes they put the cat on w/ bolts on the header side, and weld the other side of the cat to the pipe that goes to the muffler. if they did that, your going to have to take it back to them and have them weld a bracket like it should have. it sucks if you've gotta do that, i did...

Now here's the tricky part: if you have to do that, i would take the test pipe with you so you know it will fit, or have them put it on if possible. they legally cannot do that unless the car is off road only and u brought it on a trailer. since i go to my particular exhaust shop alot and refer my friends there, he gave me the under the table special, "no reciept" as he said lol.

my suggestion, find the pipe u want on a reputable site that states it fits your car, and then find it on ebay...

Buy my test pipe. It's really a straight-through resonator shaped to look just like a catalytic converter- and it has the proper flanges on front and back.

Those are damn good power numbers for just I/H/E and cams on piss Cali gas!

Looks like your setup is very similar to mine except you're missing the CTR cams. I'm guessing you'll be around 165whp. Ya, ModaCar is a cool place, i've known those guys for years.

I've never drag raced the car, so I can't tell you my 0-60. I only take the car on road courses.

Good luck with your build!

i'm hoping to be up there with you.. b16a sir2.. CTR cams, 64mm TB, blox manifold 68mm, hondata gasket. . DC header 2.25in exhaust w/ dynomax muffler.. will be chipping a p28 for tuning.. ..

i'm hoping to be up there with you.. b16a sir2.. CTR cams, 64mm TB, blox manifold 68mm, hondata gasket. . DC header 2.25in exhaust w/ dynomax muffler.. will be chipping a p28 for tuning.. ..

I notice you didnt mention injectors. As of now, Hondata tells me my current stock injectors are opening as much as 140% duty cycle. If it's an accurate reading, this would mean i need larger injectors, correct? What size would you recommend for a n/a motor w/ PnP. I might have a PnP done soon here. Also, if I were to get, say, 400cc injectors, can I throttle them down in hondata? Like, I doubt I need THAT much flow, but can I buy big? For the future.

I have no experiance w/ any injectors, but from reading online, RC injectors seems to be the choice brand for most honda guys. They're website isn't very flashy, but they look like they make a good product.

for a mild B16 some 310's will be fine. im running 320's on my 215 whp b18, so they should be fine for your build

Buy my test pipe. It's really a straight-through resonator shaped to look just like a catalytic converter- and it has the proper flanges on front and back.

Those are damn good power numbers for just I/H/E and cams on piss Cali gas!
PM'd :)

Agreed, 310's should be fine. I got a smokin deal on the 440's, thats why I have them. I'm using RC's, they've been great for the past 4 years.

ok so it is possible to tune the injectors down and not use them to full capacity? or is this just inherent when you tell hondata you have larger injectors anyway?

Back