Tuner lugs?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

totalburnout

VIP
Hmmm, I wasn't sure where to put this but I figured B would see the post in here, and he may have some useful info for me.

I'm in a search for a decent set of tuner lugs in a 12x1.25pitch that don't cost an arm and a leg. That means Volks are out. McGards are very close to being out and I rather not spend that much money on lugs, but if it comes to it, I will.

I did a google search for Zenkei lugs and it returned a thread on hondaswap where B mentioned Zenkei lugs.

Problem is, I can't find them anywhere. They were on ebay about 5 days ago and then mysteriously disappeared (kind've like my GFB pulley kit that I wanted and now I can't find it #%(&#(*%&(#% anywhere, especially not at half the #)(%*#)%(*#% price it once was on ebay - thats another story).

I was linked on another forum to heeltoe.com and it appears that Zenkei's aren't sold there anymore, B also linked that same website and the Zenkei's weren't found on the old page he linked either.

Now I don't know where I stand and what I should buy.

Motegi
Gorilla
McGard

and Zenkei's if I can find them, are all in the running.

I want something lightweight (I bought Enkei RPF1's for a reason, and don't want to add .5lbs to each rim because of stupid looking, heavy, bright blue lug nuts, and strong for a reasonable price. I was hoping to spend around $~50.

Anyone have any useful info?

Owned. :cry:

I didn't put it here because I figured B wouldn't see it here, and because it was for a Subaru not a honda. :ph34r:

Hve you looked at gorrilla lugs?
they are on summitracing.com

Very strong and shiny. The key fits like new and I've had them for over a year. My wheels get taken off a lot as well.

Quoted post[/post]]
Hve you looked at gorrilla lugs?
they are on summitracing.com

Very strong and shiny. The key fits like new and I've had them for over a year. My wheels get taken off a lot as well.

Yeah, gorilla was the affordable lugs that I wasn't sure if their reputation held up.

I haven't seen them in person, just researched online.

Quoted post[/post]]
Am I the only one that cringes when you hear the term "tuner"? Just curious.

Hmmmm....

Thats funny, because thats what the lug nuts are known as. Do a google search or ebay search, there's a difference between OEM lugs that aren't conical at the bottom a.k.a. shaved to fit an aftermarket rim.

If they had a different name, I would call them by it. :)

Well I just found out that someone in a local impreza club has lugs from his volks that he'll give to me for $5 and if that doesn't work out - I think if I can't get ahold of the Zenkeis then I'll try to have a friend who works at autozone order gorilla lugs for me @ a discount.

i had McGard spline drive and the McGard wheel locks on my crx and loved them, going to get another set for the integra
and what car you putting these on cause hondas are 12x1.5 not 12x1.25

Quoted post[/post]]
i had McGard spline drive and the McGard wheel locks on my crx and loved them, going to get another set for the integra
and what car you putting these on cause hondas are 12x1.5 not 12x1.25

2002 Subaru WRX

My lug studs are 12x1.25 and a 5x100 bolt pattern, on my 17x8 +45 Enkei RPF1's.

So I found the Zenki's on ebay now. Looks like they're going to be around $58-$65 shipped. The shipping is a fixed $15 which sucks but its cheaper than I could find anywhere on google.

Now I'm stuck between the stubby Gorillas for around $40, the Zenkis for ~$60 or the McGards for $~80.

I think the McGards are going to be out and I'm going to try to find out how much the stubby Gorillas weigh. If they're close to the Zenkis I'll buy them, but I have a feeling the Zenkis are much, much lighter so I'll probably wind up with the Zenkis.

On a side note, I hate ebays search function.

The weight is negligible, unless you are building an all out track car that has to be as light as possible.. Just take a piss/crap before you go racing. Or wear a thinner pair of socks, and a few less gallons of fuel in your tank. :)

The gorrillas are fucking stout. They still look brand new, the key fits like a glove everytime. No stripping or signs of wear. I'm gonna pick some up for my s2k soon.

Quoted post[/post]]
The weight is negligible, unless you are building an all out track car that has to be as light as possible.. Just take a piss/crap before you go racing. Or wear a thinner pair of socks, and a few less gallons of fuel in your tank. :)

The gorrillas are fucking stout. They still look brand new, the key fits like a glove everytime. No stripping or signs of wear. I'm gonna pick some up for my s2k soon.

Well its going to be $56 for the Zenkis versus $40 for the gorillas give or take my friend's autozone discount.

...and I want to be as light as possible because I went all out and got the Enkei RPF1's, its pointless for me to add extra weight onto the wheel to save $25. I might as well take as much advantage of the least unsprung weight as possible. When the coilovers go on eventually, they will be a bunch of weight unsprung from the stock suspension as well.

Do me a favor, if you weigh them get an exact weight and weigh an OEM lug too please.

I think I'm going to buy the Zenkis this morning but if the Gorillas are lighter + cheaper, I'll just resell them and get gorillas.

I don't know if they are lighter, than the zenkis. I'm sorry but I don't have a scale. Maybe I shoudl go ask some of the drug dealers of the neighborhood. :)

the gallon of gas you save every year by spending $25 more doesnt cut it.

the .1hp/.1wtq you get by spending $25 more doesnt cut it.

Quoted post[/post]]
the gallon of gas you save every year by spending $25 more doesnt cut it.

the .1hp/.1wtq you get by spending $25 more doesnt cut it.

I'm making the same amount of power, just less weight to lug around. :)

I spent $58.00 for a nice looking set of anodized finished black Zenki lugs nut with a key, that weighs 1/3rd of normal lugs.

Weight on the end of your suspension makes a difference, as little as it may be. Its increased due to the wonderful thing we know as physics, and an increased load for rotational mass and unsprung weight. =].

The rims and tires, although I didn't spend sticker on them, were ~$2,000 new. I'll spend the extra money on a lug that looks nice and weighs less. The price quote I saw online for the gorillas was $40.00 shipped - a whopping $18.00 less than what I spent.

When my tank of gas takes $45 to fill, I'm not going to bitch that I spent the extra $18.00 to get something that I think will look good and reduce rotational mass. When coilovers go on, that'll free up a ton of weight as well, and the next tires I get will probably be kuhmo mx's that are very light. If I could have gotten a 7inch wide rim for the price I got on the 8inch wide rim, I would have jumped at it.

whatever floats your boat.

the zenkis look wicked nice though. :thumbsup:

i hear you on the gas though... i paid $30 bucks to fill the little mirage.

Quoted post[/post]]
Quoted post[/post]]

Well its going to be $56 for the Zenkis versus $40 for the gorillas give or take my friend's autozone discount.

...and I want to be as light as possible because I went all out and got the Enkei RPF1's, its pointless for me to add extra weight onto the wheel to save $25. I might as well take as much advantage of the least unsprung weight as possible. When the coilovers go on eventually, they will be a bunch of weight unsprung from the stock suspension as well.

I've been using Gorilla locks for 8 years now. Gorilla locks/lugs > *.*

That's all there is to it. The few grams you save by going with "tuner" lugs isn't going to make any difference on the street, or even the racetrack unless you're a pro level driver.

Back