Tuner Transformation...

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

YouKnowWhoIBee

my avatar is better.
Did anyone see the show tuner transformation on the speed channel last night? They had a 89 crx and they swapped a b16. They guy was like "oh ... yeah a twin cam :roll: " Talking about his new b16a... He got a good deal of work for free.

yeah that guy with teh long hair was right it really did look like somone pissed on his car

yellow tint = :gayflag:

They didnt do shit to other than the swap, act clutch, wheels, tint, and buffed the paint... who gives a fuck...

Originally posted by Celerity@Jul 21 2004, 10:19 PM
Those guys are like that, and YES, they do get paid by the client.

-> Steve
[post=366597]Quoted post[/post]​

Wow, where do I sign? I pay someone to do work, and then let them take credit for it? I do my own shit, and I'll take credit.:shrug2:

Wow, thanks E! I just posted another thread about that show.

I didn't know he paid for it. I would have probably acted like that too...well how much did the kid give them? I would have probably been pissed if they spent a lot of money on that cluster. I didn't like those wheels either and that one guy was talking about how the suspension sucked, but I guess they said screw fixin' that. Funny stuff.

link to my other thread
https://hondaswap.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=42389

Originally posted by racintweek@Jul 21 2004, 09:30 PM
yellow tint = :gayflag:
[post=366569]Quoted post[/post]​

ha... there's a red mitsu eclipse with yellow tint in town here... I keep meaning to take a picture of it everytime I go down that street on a delivery but I always forget my camera.

that kid pissed me off.. so non apreciative.. who gives a fuck if he had to pay for it.. he should have shown a little more emotion..

but they took off his yellow tint! i'd be pissed. but yeah, that kid knew he was on tv and he acted like he didn't give a crap. they should have held him down and pumped 5w30 in his mouth.

edit spelling new -> knew

the only car i really ever liked on that show was the 240 with the s13 front end conversion...most of the rest of them they screw around with waste a bunch of money.

that show sucks, the only one i watched for more than 3 minutes was the one where they did the turbo upgrade on that srt-4, then the dude with the nasty hair wanted to put "KILLER" graphics on to make it mad tyte yo!

I can't stand the general consensus among the people who make these shows about imports looking like crap. We need a show like Two Guys Garage, or Trucks, that focuses on the performance/maintenance side of import cars. Not every import car show has to look like MTV's Spring Break Uncensored.

:withstupid:

I totally agree. I'm a proponent of body work (kits, wings, styling accesories). I like bodykits and I like wild paint, and I like exterior modifications. Especially on a civic, because there are so many, and I like my car to look apart from everyone else's. But the only reason I did it first is because I put my money down on that before realizing how cheap an SiR-II engine is... Either way, I don't plan on doing any performance mods to my Honda because I've got a 2nd gen Supra that's being fixed up for me right now. IMO there is no reason for any FWD car to do anything other than look good. Leave the gofast-ing to the cars that are meant for it :p

Not saying that engine swaps are bad... I still plan on doing an SiR-II swap down the road, but only because that's what Civics should have came with from the factory :p

i understand that they have to showase products to fund the show but damn
they need to really do mechanical work and say how its done
as stated before Trucks has got the right idea, they still showcase sponsors products but they actually show the process of installing them

Originally posted by Battle Pope@Jul 22 2004, 11:48 AM

I totally agree. I'm a proponent of body work (kits, wings, styling accesories). I like bodykits and I like wild paint, and I like exterior modifications. Especially on a civic, because there are so many, and I like my car to look apart from everyone else's. But the only reason I did it first is because I put my money down on that before realizing how cheap an SiR-II engine is... Either way, I don't plan on doing any performance mods to my Honda because I've got a 2nd gen Supra that's being fixed up for me right now. IMO there is no reason for any FWD car to do anything other than look good. Leave the gofast-ing to the cars that are meant for it :p

Not saying that engine swaps are bad... I still plan on doing an SiR-II swap down the road, but only because that's what Civics should have came with from the factory :p
[post=366835]Quoted post[/post]​

:ban:

Originally posted by racintweek+Jul 22 2004, 10:51 AM-->
Battle Pope
@Jul 22 2004, 11:48 AM

[post=366835]Quoted post[/post]​

:ban:
[post=366838]Quoted post[/post]​

STFU. I'd really hate to find out this is one of those forums where you get banned for having an opinion...

just fucking with you, no need to get all pissed off
im not saying you should be banned you have every right to your opinion
i just prefer funtion over form thats all

i have some vicodin at the house if it will help you calm down :D

I'm calm. I figured you were messin around, just that I've been banned for having an opinion 3 other times so it gets me a little charged up when ppl say things like that, that's all. And in many ways I agree with you - with the supra I am trying to make it as clean and functional as possible. All of the major money is going into the paintjob (cause the paint's bad) and the engine. The civic will never be fast without major money and time, two things I don't want to put under the hood, and will not see much gain from. I figure 3500 bucks for a fast-ass supra beats 3500 bucks for a peppy FWD any day... just ask Celerity!

Back