turbo auto

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

beerman985

cb7tuner
ok am i able to turbo my accord that is an auto. it a new tranny what should i do

You're more likely to break an automatic Honda transmission on boost as opposed to a manual one, but yes, it can be done...

I cant speak for the Honda autos for sure but typically the tranny's can take a LOT more abuse then people give them credit for. The Matrix guys are running 400+whp thru the stock auto trans with an upgraded Tq converter ONLY. I turbo'd my own and made 200whp. It shifted crappy from 1st to 2nd but otherwise was fine. Im about to turbo it again and will be trying out the new tq converter for my car with it :)

Try Level10. They may have something for you...

i have an accord, turbo, on auto was putting 200whp. It can be done but i hated the way car was. So i swapped out the auto for a manual, drove it with the auto ecu in and loved every second of it though the whole fun experience lasted only 15minutes cuz i am having troubles with a manual ecu. But yeah, if you want to spend 5G+ to rebuild your tranny by Level10, go for it.
ps: Some guy did the whole level10 rebuild and swore that every time the gear shifted, it felt like the tranny jumped out. So, i recommend you do some research on level10 before you actually go for it

You dont have to go nutty on building the trans for a street car. Get the valvebody service and upgraded tq converter. Usually around 1500 for both.

Back