turbo b18c1 advice

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

evilgsr

well the funds are starting to come in and im trying to get a set plan for my gsr i was planning to turbocharge it and also build up the bottom end to handle pretty much whatever i wanna throw at it. Well for the bottom end so far i was planning to stroke it to a 2.0 and run a 9:1 compression ratio with perhaps one of these type kits http://www.importperformanceparts.net/impo...acurahonda.html as for the turbo set up i was going to go with a ball bearing t3/t4 kit from www.swift-performance.com and hopefully run in the area of 20 lbs of boost or so at the most(with the built bottom end via that stroker kit) controlled with a hondata s200 system ,well thats my plans so far basically im looking for someone to give me some constructive criticism and maybe a few pointers also some advice on the trim size of the turbo, i plan to use the car basically as a daily driver/weekend warrior i drag race at an 1/8 mile track now and again and auto x monthly any help is greatly appreicated :D

it is not worth buying a stroker kit for a turbo car. how much power do you want to put down? do you care about lag?

i hope to put down at full boost with fully built internals somewhere maybe in the area of 500 horses i want a setup that doesnt produce alot of lag but at the same time doesnt sacrifice too much horsepower well i was looking and if i bought the crank pistons and rods all seperate it comes out to more than what the stroker kit is not to mention wouldnt stroking it to a 2.0 help decrease lag, im a very new newbie so bear with me im kinda lost on some stuff :unsure:

to hell with stroking it.

sleeve it to 84mm instead.

^^^ what he said. if you bore to 83 or 84mm you are gonna be almost 2.0 already. the stock crank is fine for really high hp levels. it would be a waste of money to stroke that motor. you might consider sleeves at that power level. i'm personally building my motor to 500hp on stock sleeves... but it needs to be tuned VERY well at that level (on race gas of course). i'm gonna use an sc61. you will want something at least that big. sc61 sounds like a good option for you. with the t350 76 trim exhaust and either the E or S compressor housing. i have the E, the S is bigger.

Back