turbo build questions

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

vtecsir1

I know a lot of you are turbo gurus, I am not at all but have been trying to read up on it as of late.
I will be done with my lsvtec build in the next month or so and wanted to start piecing together a turbo setup for it this spring. Im not trying to go 10's or make 500whp but somewhere in the 200-250 range would be nice. I would also like to keep my ac because its hot as fuk in Florida.

This is what I had thought of for my setup:

Garret t3/t4
Tial 38mm wastegate
Greddy bov
log manifold not sure what brand suggestions welcome
I will build the ic piping at my friends shop
some type of fmic
450-550cc injectors
uberdata

Am i forgeting anything like maybe a wideband or something? Thanks guys.

Quoted post[/post]]
I know a lot of you are turbo gurus, I am not at all but have been trying to read up on it as of late.
I will be done with my lsvtec build in the next month or so and wanted to start piecing together a turbo setup for it this spring. Im not trying to go 10's or make 500whp but somewhere in the 200-250 range would be nice. I would also like to keep my ac because its hot as fuk in Florida.

This is what I had thought of for my setup:

Garret t3/t4
Tial 38mm wastegate
Greddy bov
log manifold not sure what brand suggestions welcome
I will build the ic piping at my friends shop
some type of fmic
450-550cc injectors
uberdata

Am i forgeting anything like maybe a wideband or something? Thanks guys.

well yea get a wideband

and just for reference when its injectors buy bigger becasue
1. its easier to push less fuel outa somthing than more and
2. you ever want more boost than you might have to get bigger injectors

well thats about all i can think of right now.... im tired

yeah wide band is good.

If you are only looking at about 200-250 HP, i think everything is about right. Might want to factor in some dyno time for tuning.

Yes I have figured dyno time which wont be a problem since Titan motorsports is 15 mins away, I would like to be closer to 250 whp as my goal. 550 cc fuel injectors it will be then.

anybody else care to chime in?

Ok list looks good..whatever you do. DO NOT get ssautocrome ANYTHING..all there stuff sucks balls...and on the uberdata...I would suggest getting crome pro. Its $150 but you can tune on the fly and it has datalogging. Much like the hondata S300. B knows more about the tuning aspect then me cuase im still learning about it but everything looks good..t3/t4 are big but your engine I think can handle it with not that much lag...if you want to get more bang for the buck I would go for a GT28R (garrett turbo) its a ball bearing so it spools alot quicker and more efficent.

oil lines...forgot oil lines...turbos dont run too long without oil.

yes ofcourse oil lines, I was thinking of maybe the blox turbo manifold. Chrome pro I will look into thank you.

you so dont need a full-race kit for 250 hp. lol
even the peak boost kit will make 300 no problem

both of those are expensive though...

if i were you, i'd piece it together....

inline pro mani
tial 38mm WG
tial 50mm bov
precision turbo sc34 .57/.63
precision 350 hp i/c
DIY piping/oil lines

the ls pistons with the gsr head really kill your power cuz of the compression drop to 9.7-ish, so yo're going to need a little more boost than regular GSR would to make the same power.

550's will be MORE than enough. 450s' will probably be fine.

hey if you need help with what ever let me know...i live in otown also....and i am off every sat & sun.....pm me if you want

Quoted post[/post]]
you so dont need a full-race kit for 250 hp. lol
even the peak boost kit will make 300 no problem

both of those are expensive though...

if i were you, i'd piece it together....

inline pro mani
tial 38mm WG
tial 50mm bov
precision turbo sc34 .57/.63
precision 350 hp i/c
DIY piping/oil lines

the ls pistons with the gsr head really kill your power cuz of the compression drop to 9.7-ish, so yo're going to need a little more boost than regular GSR would to make the same power.

550's will be MORE than enough. 450s' will probably be fine.

Great info thanks, know of a place that sells these items at a decent rate that you trust?
I found the sc34 for around $800-850 does that sound right?

also with crome pro would I just get the basemap from someone like phearable or xenocron?

Quoted post[/post]]
hey if you need help with what ever let me know...i live in otown also....and i am off every sat & sun.....pm me if you want

thanks for the offer, might hit you up down the road.

thanks to all for the help!

shit man, just go to titan, bu8y your shit there. they got good prices are a rep. shop.

call..... all version.... ask for pops/tom
407-228-8282....he can get anything
or CFT

they always treated me good...but hey....shit happens...

Quoted post[/post]]
Ok list looks good..whatever you do. DO NOT get ssautocrome ANYTHING..all there stuff sucks balls...and on the uberdata...I would suggest getting crome pro. Its $150 but you can tune on the fly and it has datalogging. Much like the hondata S300. B knows more about the tuning aspect then me cuase im still learning about it but everything looks good..t3/t4 are big but your engine I think can handle it with not that much lag...if you want to get more bang for the buck I would go for a GT28R (garrett turbo) its a ball bearing so it spools alot quicker and more efficent.

whats wrong with SSautochrome's products??? i havent bought anything from them yet but i was thinkin about getting one of their H22 manifolds.. .althought this isnt the first time ive heard somebody say dont buy anything from ssautochrome.

Back