turbo carb

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

hcivic.com

so I am in the middle of planning a turbo build up on a carberated truck! Anyone ever done or tried this in anyway. An suggestions or tips.

heh- don't get me wrong... its CAN be done, and CAN be made powerful... but EFI is just sooooooooooooo much easier to pull it off

I can't fully explain how to do it in one post. It's not that hard; if anything, it's easier than fuel injection. A draw through carb setup would need no modifications to the fuel system or carburetor at all. The downside is that you can't have an intercooler, and the compressor outlet must face down. You also must have a turbo with a special compressor seal to prevent oil from being sucked through when you close the throttle. A blow through needs a few small things done to the carb (no special carb needed), a high pressure fuel pump in addition to the mechanical pump, an FMU, a BOV, and you can use an intercooler. A blow through is a much better in just about every way. However, I'd limit my boost pressures to no more than 8 PSI....

86 suzuki sami and no to the super charge it is a soch motor and to retro fit a charger is way to much when i have parts from and old turbo setup

Ahhh... G10 or G13...? I can't recall which. Stout engines. With proper tuning, they can handle quite a bit of boost. When you said truck, I thought Chevy or Ford...

Where do you live? This kind of determines if a draw through setup is even possible for you.

a blow through sys. will be much more efeicent but remember you have to keep your fuel press. 6to 10lbs. above your boost press. thats the trick. I twin turboed a chev 350 many years ago it made alot of hp @ tq was very fast at the track but inconsistant.Good luck be creative

Originally posted by hcivic.com@Sep 26 2004, 01:45 AM
what are you talking about? why would it matter were i live a draw through is a type of carb
[post=394765]Quoted post[/post]​

You wont be able to start your car in a draw through system if it's excessivly cold out. The cold turbo will make your cold-start mixture fall out of suspension.

uo here were we have snow and frezzing temps for 6 mounths outa the year i have yet to have probem with any carb vehicle to the exception of a day it hit -42 my propane truck would not start. TEHY INVENTED BLOCK HEATERS AND INLINE HEATERS FOR THAT REASON

so far i have a td04h turbo ( i know small but i need it a full spool buy 2000 to keep rpm low) and a new weber car pipping and a saab inter cooler and an after market electric fuel pump so all i have left to do is post the block and finish rebuiling the motor then build a truck for it to go into! 3 and four link coilovers here i come

Originally posted by hcivic.com@Oct 12 2004, 02:47 AM
uo here were we have snow and frezzing temps for 6 mounths outa the year i have yet to have probem with any carb vehicle to the exception of a day it hit -42 my propane truck would not start. TEHY INVENTED BLOCK HEATERS AND INLINE HEATERS FOR THAT REASON
[post=401507]Quoted post[/post]​

You are going to need a TURBO HEATER if you do a draw through system..... Jesus christ, do you think i'm some sort of retard?

well the build is almost done the manifold is baking in the oven right now and will be bolted on soon. then i have to finish cutting the 3 in tubing and to crank it over

Back