turbo fitment

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

inspecta83

im putting a max rev kit on a b18b and the intake side of the turbo is touching the block...so much so that i cant even get an air filter to fit on it. i am going to try to flip the turbo around so that the intake side is on the opposite side but, if this doesnt work, it looks like my last resort would be to shave the block so the turbo and filter could fit and i just wanted to know how much could i safely shave off?

any other suggestions would be appreciated...thanks

you shouldn't have to shave. double check how its mounted. you are using the maxrev manifold, right?

yup.....max rev everything....the manifold and turbo are both mounted perfectly and screwed in nice and tight....
i dont have a pic but the part of the block that is stamped B18B, etc pertrudes and is blocking the turbo so that i cant get an air filter or piping over it.

my buddy luke has the max rev kit on his ls... this is how his sits:

11888510-e2d2-02000180-.jpg

is yours even closer than that?

for the filter, he ran a wierd extention...

carshow%20043.jpg

carshow%20044.jpg

yup....mine fits just like his. what he did is an eye sore but still very creative...and i guess i would rather do it that way b4 shaving my block.....

also, since the kit doesnt come with a pipe for the filter, i was just wondering what could i use (i.e. air intake pipe?)

oh, one more thing...i'm using a radiator the same size as ur boy did to give me extra room and just wanted to know what could i do to support the bottom of it? (im using the same bracket as he did for the top)

thanks

that radiator is stock in 5th gen civics.

as for the pipe, you can pretty much use anything that won't melt... the turbo gets hot.

HTH

yea...i know where the radiator comes from, i was just concerned b/c its half the size of the stock crx radiator and the bottom of it wont have anywhere to sit for support (well, the passenger side will, but the driver side wont)...and was just curious what i could do to give the bottom driver side somethhing to sit in for support

ohhh- yeah, just leave it. its not that heavy. if you want, get a bracket from the hardware store and make a little support foot

yeah i have the same radiator but my downpipe flange was about a half inch away so i had to move my radiator over and reweld the brackets.

ok good news and bad news....good news is that i got the turbo in (i ended up flipping it around) and now its extremely close the the intercooler...is this dangerous?

also, the wastegate wont allow my hood to close properly, but i think i can cut a little bit of the hood away and that will solve the problem.

bad news is i tried to get the radiator in and its barely touching the downpipe. so, my question is....

#1 i doubt it but.....are there any other oem radiators out there that are a lil shorter in length than a del sol dual core one?

#2 whats the minimum amount of inches that the radiator should be away from the downpipe?

#3 i think that if i cut a section (about 2 inches) away from the metal around the passenger side headlight that the radiator would fit w/o touching the downpipe...are there any cons in doing this?

any other suggestions on how i could get the radiator to fit would be appreciated..thanks

mine turbo goes right into the intercooler. its not bad at all.

the wastegate.. common problem... maybe cut the hood skeleton, or get a "goose neck" extention pipe like a lot of guys do...

shorter rad? never heard of that...
mine touches my DP too...

thanks....thats very re-assuring. im gunna just cut a small notch in the frame to give the radiator as much room as possible even thou it will prob still be touching the down pipe...my initial concern was that while driving the downpipe would move and possibly interfere w/ the radiator. i'll let u know how it goes. thanks again sol..

Back