turbo ideas? b16a

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

jona

new tuner here.
am planning on complete system rebuild. (engine, exhaust, fuel) what types of turbo would you guys reccommend for around 350hp? does the ball-bearing design really improve lag?

i'm new at this. i'm going for an elegant driver, not impressive dyno charts. i need something with as little lag as possible with a high level of safety and versatility. (it also needs to be good in the rain 'cause i'm from seattle) building the block so i don't blow it, and the head for safety at high rev's. i know i also want some type of computer to handle all of this so as my knowledge grows i can tinker with the system. am looking for driving impressions/experiences and general setup ideas.

well if u dont wanna lag much a 14b turbo from a DSM works super! But if you wanna go bigger and more HP, we have had some luck with the Garrett Gt35r turbo! good luck! do some research and see what fits ur personal needs

thanks for the ideas...
i've done some looking around online, but other than this and a few other forums, i haven't found much available info. have any research pointers?

this forum check the appropriate section for your model of honda ask questions there and in the forced induction forum obviously. As for what u wanna read and find out....search what ur thinkin about doin...chances are you will find somewhat that has done it or can tell u about it! good luck

lag... is something to worry about in 1st gear at the drag strip.

so long as you have a propperly geared tranny, you can stay in boost-range between shifts on a pretty large turbo.

a 14b is worthless on a built motor. it's barely good for any power on a stock d-series.

on a b16, i'd go with a t3/t04e .63 a/r, 57/63

Back